“Somewhat secluded and quiet”
Review of Playa Biesanz

Playa Biesanz
Book In Advance
More Info
US$75.00*
and up
Half-Day Manuel Antonio Catamaran Cruise
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was our first beach day in Costa Rica so were overjoyed to be in the sun. It was an easy drive from Quepos. We paid a local a couple dollars to watch our car as it seemed to be the expected thing to do? It was then a short walk down to the beach. We found some shade by the trees with a sloth and a few monkeys hanging out overhead and behind us. A little outdoor beach restaurant served fantastic mahi mahi and the gentle waves and warm water made for fantastic swimming, although my kids scraped their legs on sharp rocks.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"chairs and umbrellas"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is an ideal spot for young families and when I was there there were others of all ages. There were loads of activities including snorkelling, canoeing etc and these could be hired. I was there on a Sunday morning and it was not too busy.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This semi local beach is a hidden gem. If you ask the locals which beach to check out, this is the one they'll suggest. If you don't have a car, it can be quiet a walk down a narrow windy road that seem slightly treacherous. We did have so we were able to drive down to the entrance of the beach quickly. there is a gentleman who stands near the entrance and offers to watch your car for a nominal fee. I was told to pay the fee by my Air BnB host, because it would just make my life easier, I did. From the entrance it is about a 100 yard hike to the actual beach steep, but not too steep. Once the trees clear and the view opens up to see beach, it is a gorgeous cove where the water laps up on the beach far gentler than most other places in Costa Rica. The water is Blue, and the beach is not crowded. There are locals there selling ceviche, and renting out Umbrellas and chairs, but my GF and I opted to tuck ourselves near the rocks for shade from the sun. beware, the tide comes in quickly. I was able to swim laps peacefully without the large waves crashing all over me. it was a great beach with very few people there. It's a must see if you don't like crowds and are in Manuel Antonio.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We spent three days enjoying the lovely soft sand and warm waters for swimming. There are sun loungers and shades for rent and the Howler Bar provide great service for both drinks and limited local food cooked to order or a fantastic beach bbq most Saturdays and/or Sundays. Well organised activities such as snorkelling, paddle boards and kayaks are available. The track from the road to the beach is a little bit rough but perfectly safe if taken slowly and you can spot monkeys, sloths and other wildlife on the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

It's a nice enough beach, but not great for a casual visit from Quepos or MA. The walk down is alright, but getting back up at the end of the day would be a pain without a car (taxis pass infrequently). Moreover, most of the ocean floor is covered in sharp rocks and boulders, which have a habit of scraping knees and stabbing feet, making it impossible to just relax in the water.

On the upside, there are tons of opportunities for snorkeling, kayaking, and even jet-skiing at affordable prices, which would also keep you safe from the rocks.