“A great group of guys taught me how to surf”

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Alvaro, Manuel, and Cesear are excellent surf instructors and friendly, funny guys. They took great care of us and taught us in a safe and fun manner. We were riding waves right away.

Playa Grande is a bit of a walk from Montezuma so have comfortable sandles or watershoes. You should bring plenty of water as it gets super hot, but the boys will supply you with fruit and they may even climb a tree and grab you a fresh coconut so you can drink from it.

You should definitely have the guys arrange a trip to Cabo Blanco for surfing and a beautiful sunset. Our day there was the best day of the trip as the waves were very big and VERY fun and the sunset is perhaps on of the most beautiful on earth.

The guys at Young Vision are fantastic. Be sure to surf with them when you visit Montezuma!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am so glad I chose Young Vision for my first surf lesson. It led to several more surf lessons and impromptu safaris that will remain as fond memories. The government of Costa Rica should hire Manuel and Alvaro as ambassadors for their country. They are earnest, honest, big-hearted and genuine. They made me feel welcome and cared for not only in their classes but in their community as well. Their's is exactly the sort of small, homegrown and locally owned business that we can feel good about supporting.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have travelled around Costa Rica and this was by far the most professional and thorough surf school I have had lessons with. The boys not only teach you the basics to get you standing on your board but also ensure you learn about safety and surf etiquette which is just as important. I definitely progressed a lot with the three lessons I had and have the boys to thank for giving me the confidence to continue surfing on my own.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We're having a great time with our lessons and the guys have been terrific all week. For a beginner like me, they gave done a great job keeping me pumped and reaching me how to do something I never expected I'd be able to accomplish. Very flexible, accommodating and terrific local knowledge of the area. If you want to learn from some eager instructors with a good sense of humor - these are your guys.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had a great time learning to surf at Playa Grande. I can't say enough about this instructor and this is the best Surf School in the area. Manuel climbed a tree for Coco Nuts and the waves were great for learning!

Thanks Young Vision Surf School