“idilic with a word of caution”
other travellers have booked this property
The front view of Casa Soliaz Enjoy the view near the pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The front view of Casa Soliaz
Enjoy the view near the pool
Enjoy lunch!
The dining area and sala
Try our pizza oven!
This bedroom adjoins an 'outdoor' shower that allows use to enjoy nature as you bathe!
The poolside bedroom, with ensuite bath
The master bedroom
Another view of the master bedroom
The master bath; windows in the shower provide a glorious view of the ocean!
Stained glass window in stairwell leading to master bedroom
Gorgeous daytime view
Sunrise from Casa Solipaz
The 'outdoor' shower
Dining area
A lovely snack on the front patio
The upstairs patio
A view from the front porch
Front patio, looks out over the ocean!
Side view of the front patio
Living room
View from the upper patio
Front patio
Sunset from the front patio
The poolside bedroom
The garagetop rancho - Happy Hour!
A view from the pool
Casa Solipaz
The horizon pool
The upstairs balcony
Upstairs balcony
A view from the front patio
The pool
Upstairs patio, leads into master bedroom
The garage top patio
Lovely flowers on the front patio
One of the bathroom sinks
The pool
The pool and garage top rancho below
An upstairs patio
Portion of the front patio
Stairs leading to the house
Gardens next to the garage
Patio outside the upstairs master bedroom
Horizon pool
Front patio
Horizon pool
The garagetop rancho
The master bedroom - looks out to the sea.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ross m
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“idilic with a word of caution”
Reviewed 22 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Hi Gini and Kathy, what a beautiful place casa solipaz is and I must say that you have thought of just about everything for your guests. We cannot complain about anything in the house. Its away from the dust of the local roads and is as private as you can get. The views are everything that the website says they are and the dawn views are exquisite. the only amenity we did not try at the house was the pizza oven but quite simply there was not enough time!!!!!! Chef Camilo created a really nice meal for us for Thanksgiving and I would highly recommend his services to anyone.
The only points that I would make are that you do need a 4 wheel drive vehicle in this area and its quite dusty once you leave the house as the roads in the main are not paved. That being said, casa Solipaz is the perfect oasis from where you can explore the many beautiful beaches and try out the local restaurants.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: very quiet location, great views and awesome sunrise
Liked least: once we found the house it was reasonably easy to find again later. there are no signs!!!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Dec 2014
Hi, Ross,
Thanks for your lovely and thoughtful review! I am pleased that you and your lovely family (it was so nice to briefly meet you) enjoyed your stay at Casa Solipaz. I completely agree that a 4x4 vehicle makes access to the house and the general area easier; we always have one when we're there.
Thank you for your kind words about the house itself and all its amenities; we really have tried to make it as comfortable as possible for our guests. Once you have groceries, you really never have to leave if you choose not to. The jungle setting and beautiful ocean views are so compelling! But, of course, all that Montezuma has to offer beckons...
I noted your comment about the house not being so easy to find; we have no signs because it's not a hotel just a private home but Gini and I will put our heads together on ways to improve that. I have often found that in Costa Rica directions consist of something like "Turn left at the third guanacaste tree!" It can be a bit frustrating, I agree.
But thank you for appreciating Casa Solipaz in its entirety. We hope to see you again and many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review.
TerryArts
Monroe, New York
“Ahhh...breathe in, breathe out.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in November 2013

And then do it again! As lovely as they are, the photos can give only a shadow, a two-dimensional representation of this stunning property. As I walked up the stairs and onto the veranda on day 1 of my stay, the place insisted that I sit. Immediately. I literally felt the house breathing for me, and I simply let go in relief as I surrendered onto a blue chaise. The amazing view of the jungle, the sounds, the smells of the rain forest, and the sight of Pacific Ocean in the distance...indescribable. I loved being there, in such a different place in the world. The house is well-cared for, clean, expansive and spacious; the infinity pool is beautiful, and no electronic distractions were just the thing I needed. It took two plane trips, and the final ride to the Casa was long and bumpy on single lane dirt roads - this house is quite remote. But once there, if peace and tranquility is something you're after, you're not gonna want to leave. Well, maybe once just for a taste of the mint lemonade at Sano Banano in Montezuma, but otherwise, stock up, settle in, and prepare to relax and rejuvenate. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The solitude. Watching the birds.
Liked least: The bat that got in one day.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
4 Sep 2014
Wow, Terry, thank you! You described perfectly how I feel as soon as I get to the house - I just breathe deeply and let go!
It was a pleasure to host you at Casa Solipaz and I so hope you'll go back again.
We just returned from our umpteenth trip there and came back refreshed, grateful and very happy. I miss the Howlers, the agouti, the pisotes, the excellent food, the view and so much more.
Again, many thanks,
msears4
Panama City Beach, Florida
“luxury in a jungle setting”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Solipaz with my mother and father and two daughters. There was plenty of room for all of us. The constant breezes were great and the beautiful pool was the perfect addition to beat the heat. You really didn't have to leave the property. The sunrises over the mountains and ocean were beautiful. There's a nice trail behind the house that leads to a creek and really gives you the feeling that your in a jungle. Howler monkeys graced us with their presence which was really cool to see. Colorful birds flew around all day and at 5:00 the toucans came by to say hi. If you stay here you have got to get chef Camilo to cook for you, he is amazing. Camilo was so good we had him cook for us every night. Trust me when I say you won't be disappointed . Gini was great, from helping us get to the house, getting in touch with chef Camilo, setting up a fishing trip, anything we needed she was there. all I can say to Kathy and Gini and chef Camilo is thank you, thank you, thank you. This was the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation. We would definately stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: all of it, chef Camilo
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Apr 2014
Thank you, Mickey!
I'm so happy you were our guests!
Gini, our wonderful property manager, said you and your family were delightful. And I hear such great praise about Chef Camilo - we will be using his services for the first time next week..
You are the first of our guests to say that you took the trail down to the creek - what fun! I haven't even tried that yet.
The nice thing about Casa Solipaz, as you say, is that you never have to leave the property for a wonderful, relaxing Costa Rican experience! We have the horizon pool, various patios and comfy furniture, fully equipped, high-end kitchen, three lovely en suite bedrooms, and that amazing breeze!
But, we are close enough to town and so many activities, just five minutes away by car to the beaches, nightlife, hiking, fishing, boating, ziplining, restaurants and local artisans that make Montezuma unique.
I hope that you will come back to stay again!
Many thanks,
Kathy, owner, Casa Solipaz
Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
6 Apr 2017
Thank you for the wonderful review! You captured exactly how we feel about that view; we built the house to make the most of it. And we love cooking at house and using the pizza oven as well - such fun!
Hope to have you as our guesrs again!
Many thanks,
Québec, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
6 Apr 2017
Hope to see you again one day, Genevieve! It may be time to come back...
Thanks for the kind review,
Kathy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$269
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing