Cabinas Jimenez(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$71
Agua Dulce Beach Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$69
Lunas Hostel(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$24
Hotels.com
Mirador Osa(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
Cabinas Tropicales(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$50
Utopia Tica Organic Farm & Hostel(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$25
  • Breakfast included
Bolita Hostel(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$24
US$319
US$309
  • Breakfast included
Danta Corcovado Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$124
US$120
Iguana Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$133
All reviewsluxurycabinasgulfcorcovadobirdspuertoparadise
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Rained for hours before we arrived. Had to travel up a narrow dirt road for a quarter of a mile to reach this place. There are fans and air conditioning in each cabana. Try walking to the beach at low tide since there are many shore birds including terns at low tide. In the morning we took a walk at 0600 and found basilisk lizards, toucans, doves, iguanas, different kinds of woodpeckers, yellow-headed caracara, avoided the large crocodiles, found hawks, and finally a rookery containing bare-throated tiger heron, little blue heron, green heron, white ibis, and many roosting cattle egrets in breeding plumage with many beautiful cute egret babies that were just starting to fledge just a few hundred yards from the hotel. Birds were very noisy in the morning. Got pictures of the herons catching shrimp in the mangrove waters. Got pictures of the squirrels who climbed the coconut palms to drink the coconut water and meat from the coconuts well up in the tree near the beach. Was able to sleep well in the room. Good breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: All rooms were similar. If possible get a larger room with good air conditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nycebh
Reviewed 6 March 2015

Decently priced and very location, close enough to town but on the ocean and within nature. The rooms were clean, spacious, fresh with lots of windows. The hotel has hot water which is a plus and also offers shampoo.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Befree_ky
Reviewed 24 January 2015

My friend and I happened upon this place in Puerto Jimenez while looking for something not on the main waterfront strip where all the music and restaurants were. We were greeted right away and shown really clean and cozy rooms that looked right out onto the ocean. We were lucky, the place had just been bought that week by a new owner and we could see that with the right touch - this could be a wonderful Yoga and Eco friendly spot to stay that is "out of the way" from all the tourists and local action (but still within walking distance to shops and said action). The beach seemed "private" to us as it is tucked away on the corner of the main road. Don't believe any other places if they say they are the "only ones with a private beach" and charge outrageous rates in the area. You can get ALL that stuff at this place! We watched the sunrise on the beach and the sunset. We briefly chatted with the new owner who seemed to really care and have great plans for the place. Would recommend for singles, couples or families. Beds are comfy. Would have given it 5 stars for the area but the kitchen/breakfast/coffee service was not up and running yet and no wifi (yet) but was assured that was coming as well. We will be back and are considering holding Yoga/Nature Retreats there as it had a nice tranquilo vibe to it! Pura Vida!

Room Tip: all the rooms have quick beach access. You can choose one huge bed or a couple singles!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angel A
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were a tour group of 8 people---2 families of 3 and 2 singles--traveling through Costa Rica. Parrot Bay Village was one of our stops. When we arrived the Reception building was locked and empty and nobody could be found to help us. About 15 minutes later our guide finally found a gardener who said he could let us into our rooms. We were the only guests there. The gardener spoke Spanish so if it had not been for our guide we would have been unable to communicate since my spanish is not that developed.

Our room had a bed on a main floor and 2 beds in a loft. There were two chairs and a desk also in the room.
We got into our room and turned on the air-conditioner which was placed so high in the room we had to get on a chair to reach it. Unfortunately, it had one setting---"Penguin Friendly".

One of the rooms had a broken air-conditioner so the other family of 3 had to move all of their belongings to another room that was apparently not used often because it was dusty and had cob webs.
They could not stay in their original room however, without air it was much too hot.

We had no hot water and no, and I mean no, water pressure. I could have poured out my water bottle and had the same amount of water to use.

A walk around the property revealed tossed beer bottles and odds and ends trash.

But wait, it gets better.

We settle in for the night and find large ants crawling down the walls and on the table. The bed was up against a wall and there were bugs I hadn't seen before crawling on that wall, right where I was supposed to sleep.
I decided I would sleep in the chair. The room was so cold I had to sleep with my raincoat on and two quick dry large towels we had brought draped around me.
I dozed off once but when I woke up I had ants crawling on the arm of my chair. They were also on the table and when I looked over to the bed where my husband was sleeping I noticed part of the sheet was touching the ground and the ants were using it to climb up onto the bed. I woke up my husband. We shook out the sheet but it became apparent that someone had to stay awake to monitor the invasion. Since I was the one who could function the best with minimum sleep I took the hit for the team.

I ended up with more company--the two legged kind-- my son who was in the loft had to come down because it was so hot up there he could not sleep.

Long night! We could not wait to leave. There is an open air area where the gardener and another man served us some eggs and toast before we left but we never saw anyone else, ever.

When we were leaving we found out that the manager is NEVER on-site to deal with any problems. He makes reservations by phone, off-site. So, if you plan to stay there better add to you packing list a copy of "Survival Guide".

My best advice-------Danger, Will Robinson, danger! Do not stay! Do not stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelPo11
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had not expected to stay in Puerto Jimenez and were lucky to find this spot. Not inexpensive and something is going on in that we walked in and saw the guy that is maintaining the place. He shown us the cabina and quoted $120 per night. Long day so we took it. No formal check-in, no breakfast, no bar, not much except the cabin. Not full by any means - again, owners are ??? and place is barely maintained.

Right on the beach and very private, very quiet. Nice A/C after sleeping in a Tiki Hut at Lookout Inn (Great place) and good bathroom. Had to ask for towels.

Puerto Jimenez had a couple of great restaurants that we walked on the beach to.

Room Tip: Maybe try to call ahead. I thought it was a little pricey.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple