See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2016

When we arives after 12 hours of sitting in a bus we had to wait an hour before the owner came. He told us the hostel was full booked (eventhough we had booked) so he arranged an other hostel and told us to make it up to us the next morning. The next morning he took us on a crocodile tour, gave us a spacious room with free ac and he made a nice price for us.
After the 2 day corcovado tour we went back to his hostel and they gave us another (spacious) but less nice room. The room was moist, could use some paint and the light didn't work...

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I spent two night at Oro Verde Hostel.
For this price I got everything I needed. A comfortable clean bed in a shared room for 4 persons.
All rooms had sufficient fans so at night the heat was no issue which I highly appreciated.
The Hostel owner Juan is very friendly and helpful. If you have any issue, he will help you. I had several (cell phone broke down so no alarm clock, no universal charger, he let me use his computer).

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2016

All in all, a nice place to stay. There were 5 people staying in the room I was in, and all of us thought that the location was perfect, rooms were relatively clean and prices were really good. The owner who went by the name of simply 'jan' was absolutely incredible. Took us to feed Crocodiles and Caymans and even went out in the dark to see florescent Plankton. The only bad part about this hostel is that the room we were in (room 5) had a rancid smell coming from the small bathroom we had in the room. It was a very horrible smell and made just walking around in the room difficult. However, the other rooms that friends stayed in smelt absolutely fine. All in all, good hostel.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 5
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I arrived late at night in Puerto Jimenez and stayed only one night. The hostel was already fully booked, but the girl working at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. She called the owner. who came to pick me up at the hostel and brought me to his house, where I rented a little studio with kitchen for only US$15.
The studio was clean and had everything you need; bedroom with living room and kitchen. Hostel as well as owner's house are located close to the town center as well as supermarket.
The next morning, Ian, the owner, drove me to the port where I caught a boat to Golfito. Everyone was extremely friendly and I felt really welcomed.
Can totally recommend the place when you go to Puerto Jimenez.
Muchas gracias!

Room Tip: Clean rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2016

extremely helpful staff: they made our trip way easier and less complicated. They arranged tickets and a guide for the nationalpark and even lend me some equipment!

Of course the rooms are not luxurious, but it´s good for the price you pay. - and it´s clean!

definitely recommend it (espec. for backpackers)!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends