Cabinas Jimenez
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oro Verde Hostel(Puerto Jimenez)
View Hotel
Corcovado Beach Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Las Islas Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
View Hotel
Agua Dulce Beach Resort(Puerto Jimenez)
Iguana Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsfree kayaksgolfo dulcethe ownercoffee makerboat tourpoolside roomcosta ricasmall poolwater frontprivate deckair conditioninggreat place to staysaw dolphinsclose to towncorcovado national parkocean viewlaid back
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We were right on the water and the staff was super helpful. Loved kayaking out in the bay! Quiet, relaxed, beautiful. I would give it a 5 star review if it weren't for the owner, who seemed to be in a very bad mood when we arrived at 9pm and didn't have clear instructions to get to our room. He seemed quite peeved with us, even though it was a reasonable hour to arrive.

Stayed: February 2018
jjpodson, Owner at Cabinas Jimenez, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I apologize for my bad mood at night. I remember that day.. It was a long, very tiring day, Hope to make it up to you someday.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights at Cabinas Jimenez in February 2018. We used the hotel as a jumping off point prior to our trip to Corcovado National Park. The room was comfortable, the grounds beautiful, but most of all the staff were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to return my wallet that I left in the safe. They corresponded with me and had my wallet delivered to San Jose where I received it before I left the country. Everything intact. I appreciate their effort and honesty.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed at Cabinas Jimenez for one night in early March 2018. We were using the hotel as a “jumping off” point for our backpacking trek to Corcovado National Park and wanted something convenient and affordable. The room was comfy and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed using the free kayaks for an evening paddle on the Golfo Dulce! The hotel definitely met our expectations given the price point and we were happy with our brief stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your " Budget-Friendly option " . We appreciate your kind words.. Hpoe to you back in the Osa Peninsula ! John

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We originally booked only 1 unit here for a 8 days but when our son decided to join us a couple of quick emails had us set up with two units beside each other, one newly renovated and right on the water. I believe we even got a discount on the price of the second unit.
Having carefully reviewed the web site and noting the very low price I had a pretty good idea of what we were going to get. We were not disappointed.
We arrived early but both units were ready (15 and 16). The fellow at the front desk (can't remember his name) walked us through the town map explaining where everything was.
The first things we noticed were a) that the bedroom was so small there was almost no place to put our luggage (it was a six week trip and we scuba dive so we had a bit more luggage than most people) and b) joy, oh joy, there was a/c and it worked very well.
The kitchen/dining/sitting area is outside and it too was not a large space. There was no dining table only a small low coffee table so my suggestion to the owner would be to add a better table to make the unit more functional. There is no ice so we bought a couple of ice cube trays at the grocery store. We had to find another chair so that the 3 of us could sit together and we had to ask for some flatware and glasses. Other than those minor inconveniences we spent many hours on our little porch enjoying the marvelous changing views of the bay and the numerous and varying birds that hung out in the big dead tree beside us.
We used the kayaks twice and really enjoyed them, travelling way up the river on one trip. So convenient having them right at your disposal to use when the mood strikes you.
Annie at the front desk helped us find a good and inexpensive snorkelling tour plus was just fun to chat with.
As another reviewer mentioned there is a noisy bar across the bay. We didn't find the music too offensive and, once inside our bedroom with the a/c on we really couldn't hear much. (I'm a light sleeper).
I found Puerto Jimenez a friendly and lively little Jimmy Buffet sort of town and Cabinas Jimenez reflected the town's atmosphere. I could easily have stayed there a month.
I can't give this a 5 because I consider a 5 to exceed my expectations. But this place is a solid 4, excellent value, and I would stay there again if I get the chance.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
jjpodson, Owner at Cabinas Jimenez, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you for you " Good Value Review " It is very much appreciated by us. We hope to see you back in the Osa Peninsula.!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We stayed here twice and loved it. We got upstairs rooms, with kitchens and great views. All the doors are unique carved works of art. If you like colorful one of a kind folk art this place is for you! This was one of the few places we stayed in Costa Rica where the room wi-fi and TVs actually worked. We weren't able to take one of their tours, but heard they were great. They held are luggage for free as we traveled and were very helpful in many ways.
Try to book directly from them, but make sure both the owner and their booking lady communicate with each other. Their desk hours are limited, but there wasn't a problem. They don't serve food, even breakfast, but there are full kitchens in the rooms and plenty of places in town. Renting a car is easy and really helpful (a 4 wheel drive is best). We had a great experience with Alamo, picking it up in Liberia and dropping off in Puerto Jimenez.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms and casitas have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
jjpodson, Owner at Cabinas Jimenez, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for you taking your time in writing a "Unique colorful place.." Review. It is greatly appreciated by everyone here..! And we hope to see you again, in the Osa peninsula.