“Excellent Restaurante in Puntarenas”
Review of El Shrimp Shack

El Shrimp Shack
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Puntarenas
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This place is hit apart from the Noise and located in front of the Estero, Right in the Calypso Cruises Dock, the Food is excelent and the service great, what a good place to visit anytime when you are in Puntarenas. 100% recomended

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Clean and tasteful décor, linen napkins and yummy menu. Busy harbor made for great viewing while dining.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Service started well, with complementary starter and nice natural drinks, but we had to wait about an hour and ask them about it to hurry up.
They mixed up half of my party's order (brought two orders of fish tacos instead of the shrimp ones) and the patty o my shrimp burger was slightly past date.
I wouldn't really recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

When taking care of business in Puntarenas we always look for a new restaurant to try and El Shrimp Shack did not disappoint. It's the launching point for the Calypso cruise. Very nice welcoming courtyard and inside was reminiscent of an East Coast seaside town. For folks stopping in CR on a cruise, I would recommend a visit here to get a sense of the real Costa Rica as the restaurant is just a few blocks outside of the busy downtown area. It's on the water and although the menu is limited, they sounded very appealing. We chose the Shrimp Burger with Special Chips because it was different. It was unbelievably good. I don't know how they bound it together, but all we could taste was chunks of chopped shrimp and the very tasty seasonings. It was a very generous patty served on an equally tasty bun and the fries were fresh, homemade and battered. I seldom eat fries, but I passed on the bun and devoured those! Others have raved about the Shrimp Burger and it certainly should be something you should try. Additionally, the restaurant isn't far from the fishermen's market where there are numerous vendors selling all types of seafood. Our waiter, Nelson, did a fine job of attending to our needs and directing us to the market as well. So you can try to make your own burger, but I doubt it will be as good as the one from El Shrimp Shack. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We had a Costa Rican traditional breakfast that included scrambled eggs rice with beans and fruits. Also a corn tortilla. We then left for A boat tour to an Island.