“Lobster Tail as big as your Face”

Factory Steak and Lobster
Ranked #3 of 178 Restaurants in Escazu
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Argentinian, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Amazing food and service. All the restaurants next to each other are quite small but all high quality.

I ordered the lobster bisque and YES you must try it. The puff pastry on top is like a puffy cloud. For entree I ordered the Chef's recommendation of Steak and Lobster Tail. When it came to the table I'm sure the Lobster tail was almost 3 times bigger than the steak. It was so delicious but I couldn't finish it based on size.
Of course I had room for dessert. I got the chocolate souffee with vanilla ice cream. Yes it takes 15 to 20 mins but well worth it and plus the stomach needs time to settle. Hahaha

Service was great and always asked if anything else was needed.

Eduard S, Gerente at Factory Steak and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear HelenChenTX,

Thank you very much for the nice review about our restaurante Factory Steak & Lobster. We are very happy to hear that enjoyed the meal and the service in your last visit. All our team, cookers and waiters, makes a great job every day to make your experiences with us the most of it. Thank you for such compliments about our Steak and Lobster Tail and our chocolate souffle, I will be passing on your nice comments.

Hope you come and visit us very soon.

Eduard Soler

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The point is having imported meat, but a prenium cut can go up to $100 dollars. So be prepared to over pay. Frankly I have had better meat elsewhere in San José, but I did not pay the $100 to know. Overall the place is nice and the waiters excel. I would come back but it won't be my first choice.

Eduard S, Gerente at Factory Steak and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor.

We are going to take into consideration all your comments in order for us to improve. Also we are glad to hear that you like our restaurant and the service provided by our waiters.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

We had a terrific time celebrating my Birthday. Ask for Douglas our waiter he is the best, gave Ud an excelent service and was all The time pending of what we need at table.

Ricardo M, Gerente at Factory Steak and Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear Jessica, we are very excited to know that you choose our restaurant to celebrate you birthday and that you spend a great time with us on that special date.

We hope to have you with us very soon so you can enjoy the excellent service and variety of food.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

This restaurant is very expensive but doesn't have the quality of food or service to justify it. Throughout the evening, our waiter switched between being friendly and rude. He was dismissive when we asked reasonable questions but was very good at matching wines to the meal. Two steaks were ordered at my table: the premium was very good but the lower quality, which was very expensive, was poor. My tuna had a slight fishy taste, which is unacceptable in Costa Rica. I was very unimpressed with everything and will not eat here again.

Dear Customer, thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are going to take all of your comments into consideration to improve our service and quality, we are very ashamed that you had a bad time at our restaurant.

We hope that someday we can change the first impression that you get from our restaurant.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

A wonderful place for good food at a fair price. Great service! I visit often with friends, family and business associates. Do get early or make a reservation.

Dear Fritz, we are truly glad that you are a frequent customer at our restaurants and that you come with all your dear ones.

Hope to have you very soon at our restaurant enjoying our menu and having a great time creating memories.