“Lives up to the hype”
Review of La Tetera

La Tetera
Ranked #30 of 182 Restaurants in Escazu
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Based on the reviews, I made this our first place to go after checking into our hotel on April 1. The lovely waitress did not speak english and we speak spanish badly. She was very patient as we cobbled together enough Spanish words to make selections. I had the Casada con pollo, my husband had the Casada con pescado (tilapia), our son had a sandwich with chicken, beef and bacon, and finally my bff had the lasagna pollo. Everything was delicious. It tasted fresh, was seasoned but not salty, and served in a reasonable amount of time. I'm already trying to figure out when we can go back before we leave! The Casado comes with a fresh fruit frozen drink that was so good. It tasted like watermelon but that was not the flavor. I got 2 pieces of cake to go and we will try those later. Take out the lasagna (paid separately) and our total meal was $47US. A great deal in our mind for the amount and quality if the food. Would strongly recommend stopping by. (LOCATION: it is the food court of the shopping center where the Mini cooper store is located.)

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Decent food, reasonable prices, nice variety. We eat here every time we come to Costa Rica (we spend several months a year here). The cakes and pastries are as good as they get in Costa Rica. The burger is good it has some Costa Rican flavors added to the burger, my wife likes the soups. Found the place when visiting my dentist in the floor above.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is our go to place for breakfast (and really anytime). The gallo pinto is some of the best Lorena and I have tasted between here and Nicaragua. That is saying a lot. I just had the pancakes and they were just as good if not better than anyplace in the USA that I have been. The staff is very polite and service is fast. And for you first time visitors you should give the blended papaya drink a try. You can specify just a little sugar and it will taste perfect.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

So glad I found this great little diner tucked away in the mall across from my hotel, great comfort food a great prices:)

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a shopping trip in Escazu. Place was super busy but lucky for us one table was open.

I ordered the typical breakfast, subbing cheese for the bacon. My meal came with coffee or an orange juice. Two of my friends ordered the Aztec soup which comes with sides of avocado, cheese and tortilla chips. Another friend ordered a beef sandwich with fries. Two friends had smoothies, one green apple and one guanabana.

Everyone loved their food. I tried the apple smoothie and it was incredible, tasted like a dessert. The waitress brought sample desserts to us at the end of the meal that were to die for, I think a red velvet cake. Service was fast and super friendly.

They have a Bakery in the front with a variety of super amazing looking desserts.

Highly recommend.