“Big dissapointment”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I was a regular client until this year. On February I went with my wife and her friends and the food was OK. After some conversation it seemed that everybody had the same feedback. We sent some feedback by email and they told us that they didn't know what happened and next time should be better.

On November, I went with some friends that were visiting the country, we were 7 in total, the starters were great but the cuts were awful, all of us leave some food on the plate.

They even gave us the wrong plates so we spent 15 minutes figuring out which plate belong to which person. The biggest dissapointment was that three of us order the same plate and we received different cuts (or at least they looked very different) and we asked like 3 times and the guy keep saying that it was our plate. At the end my friends decided to eat it but they were not happy.

I understand that sometimes the quality is not the best, but this restaurant is classified as a top steakhouse and it is expensive so I was expecting a better experience this last time and it was the opposite.

3  Thank Ronald G

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The quality of the food, the ambiance, and the customer service is much much better than Esquina de Buenos Aires.

Don't go to Esquina de Buenos Aires for the name, go to Dónde Carlos for quality. Esquina is very very loud, while Dónde Carlos is quiet and private.

The meats, the sausages, the wine, and the sangria is much better here.

Ivan Rey took excellent care of us. He's very knowledgeable and helpful.

1  Thank Sebastian S
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Everything about this place was great. The meat was simply outstanding, one of the best I ever had. Ask about the options that do not appear in the menu, you might be surprised.
Service was also very goood.
I would go back anytime.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

An Argentinian restaurant is not the place to go out to eat pasta, and they only have 3 pasta dishes in their menu, but the place on itself is inviting, casual elegance, outmost service and the pasta is cooked to perfection.... What else can one ask for more?

Reviewed 8 April 2016

The restaurant was within walking distance for us so we decided to give it a try. From the moment we walked in it was uncomfortable. The staff looked us up and down. Like what are you doing in here. The steaks were raw. Asked for medium and medium well. Mine was tolerable the other was horrifically uncooked.

1  Thank rpattonguitars