We braved the traffic on a Friday afternoon with a cab to get to St. Jose. it was horrendous but our cab was skillful. The hotel itself is quite nice and the room was very clean but smallish. Our only real complaint is that there was no hand soap in the bathroom. In the shower there was shower gel soap so we asked in our basic Spanish. The hotel came back with lotion and a hair net. Perhaps he did not understand. I went to the front and asked for hand soap and was told they did not have any. What, no hand soap and the soap in our shower was almost empty. Not good. Eventually this was corrected. The transportation to the airport took 5 minutes and costs $30 and I believe a rip off. I would use an off the street cab next time and negotiate. All in all the hotel was clean and efficient and did its job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located near La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the heart of the city of San Jose, you will find Rincon del Valle Hotel and Suites, ready to offer you a comfortable and friendly environment where guests can enjoy themselves of the peacefulness and security of the area. The Hotel is located just 1.2 Miles from downtown San Jose and 10 miles from Juan Santamaria International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel And Suites
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel San Jose
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/San Jose