This former mental asylum turned into a hotel has all the interesting history and folklore of Costa Rica, no professional hotel staff, everything has the Costa Rican "Ticos" style a mix of good hearted and naive souls. The decoration is ethnic, artisanal and minimalistic. There is no elevator so prepare to carry your luggage to the second floor if you are located there. The food is served in a buffet, standard Costa Rican Menu, nothing elaborated, the pool, cultural decorations and the gardens are pretty, but the place needs a big repair and better cleanliness standards. The rooms are like little apartments with a kitchen, dining room and 2 bedrooms. The ambience has a sadness of times gone and an old melancholy. Outside the walls and gate of the hotel the strangers look suspicious, don't step outside of Casa Conde Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites is a Four Acre Colonial Village style hotel of 110 guest rooms located within a residential neighborhood where you will be able to share a cup of Costa Rican coffee with our Good Neighbor Package. Casa Conde Hotel & Suites is located 30 minutes from the Juan Santamaria International Airport and just 5 minutes from downtown San Jose where you will be able to enjoy spectacular plays in the National Theatre with our Cultural Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Conde Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Conde Apartotel And Suites San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/San Jose