Just finished spending 10 days at this hotel in late November. It was a great value in San Jose; always clean, fast internet, tremendous value for the daily delicious and plentiful breakfast. Make sure you meet cheerful Ivania and ask her for her special café con leche. The hotel also has a very reasonably priced restaurant where my wife and I ate 7 dinners. If you come here, be sure to ask for Ricardo as your evening waiter. My wife found him to be “charmingly bilingual in Spanish/English with a great sense of humor”. Of all the evening waiters we had in and outside the hotel in San Jose, Ricardo was the only one who after serving the meal, always checked to see that everything was OK while we were eating. In addition, he added value by recommending we visit the Children’s Museum (Museo de los Niños), a VERY interesting museum housed in a formerly horrific but since repurposed penitentiary that was in use until 1979. Ricardo also made sure my wife was able to take the uneaten portion of her dinner back to the room. (Be careful of Edwin who was our waiter one evening, and unapologetically, told us he had thrown out her meal while we waited for it.) We’ve seen others say here that utensils were missing in our suite/kitchen but whatever we asked for at the front desk was delivered to the room except for coffee filters that we purchased at a Walmart along with some laundry detergent. We need to return here again in April and we will definitely be staying here again. Just fyi, we used the same cab driver throughout our stay, Jose, who can be reached on WhatsApp by entering a phone number of 011-506-8601-3953 if you’re coming from the US. If you don't speak Spanish, the front desk will gladly assist!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites is a Four Acre Colonial Village style hotel of 110 guest rooms located within a residential neighborhood where you will be able to share a cup of Costa Rican coffee with our Good Neighbor Package. Casa Conde Hotel & Suites is located 30 minutes from the Juan Santamaria International Airport and just 5 minutes from downtown San Jose where you will be able to enjoy spectacular plays in the National Theatre with our Cultural Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Casa Conde Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel And Suites San Jose
- Casa Conde Apartotel San Jose
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/San Jose