US$85
US$64
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$158
US$160
US$155
Orbitz.com
US$79
TripOn Open House(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$35
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
La Boruca(San Jose)
US$66
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I'm of Costa Rican background but decided to stay in hotels this visit. I went to Hotel Milvia and felt right at home. The house is very authentically Tico, down to the floorboards. My boyfriend and I fell in love with the views on the small balcony on the second floor and the tiny courtyard on the first floor. Don Carlos was so incredibly helpful and patient with the 2000 questions that we had. Breakfast could be improved a bit but no real complaints. The hotel is close by the ULatina and walking distance to Plaza del Sol and all public transportation.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xinbermz
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Milvia before going to the Selva Banadito Ecolodge in the Parque de la Amistad. Located in the heart of a university neighborhood, Hotel Milvia is a lovely B&B with very friendly, helpful and accomodating owner and staff.

Our 3 kids (6,4,2 years old) who needed to run around and explore loved the room, the aquariums, the gardens, the breakfast room. We had to leave at 5:30am and they had breakfast ready for us! Our luggage did not make it from Atlanta, and they dealt with the airline, they had dinner delivered for us, and they also took care of organizing our aiport transfers. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SylvieLegere
Reviewed 9 May 2008

What a pleasant surprise! We had no idea where we were going to stay for 2 nights in San Jose while we booked tours. I had my Frommers book and after calling a few places with no room availability....I called Milvia and reserved. I LOVED Milvia...what an adorable B&B. So clean, artsy, safe, quiet, spacious, organized, well maintained, nice view, tastefully decorated....1 negative COMMENT- the worst pillows ever. I was shocked as to how great EVERYTHING was...the bed, comforters...everything so clean and then you lay your head down and it is so uncomfortable it can ruin your sleep. GET NEW PILLOWS MILVIA PLEASE! Other than that......I would live in this place! The staff is so nice and accommodating. We left so early we missed breakfast.....grabbed some pineapple to go which I was so glad we did. 2 thumbs up Milvia...we will definitely visit again and recommend your place!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22254543, owner at Hotel Milvia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2009

Dear Guests: We are happy to inform you that we have new pillows. There are about 5 to choose your favourite!

Reviewed 29 November 2007

I stayed for 1 nite, the day before my flight at 6AM the next morning. I drove in from La Fortuna. When I called to book, they said they were 20 mins from the airport. Not exactly. It took me 1 hr to get there from the airport and 30 mins to get back to the airport w/o traffic. The hotel is very charming and has gated parking. The staff is extremely nice!! Carlos, the manager, recommended Inka Grill (Peruvian food). The place is overpriced and at best mediocre food. There's really not much around there except for 2 restaurants (unless you count McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and KFC restaurants) and a shopping plaza that closes by 8PM. If you want more, you will have to drive to downtown, 10 KM away. As for amenities, it has a TV, free internet, breakfast, comfortable bed and decent showers!! Eveyrything is great about the hotel, except that it's quite far from the airport and downtown San Jose. If you want proximity to the airport or to go out in downtown San Jose, I would not recommend this place. If you want to a nice hotel with great value, amenities and an awesome staff, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2007

The previous review described the Hotel Milvia correctly. It is a very pleasant, unusual hotel. I enjoyed the artwork, garden, and second floor terrace. The breakfast was very good. The owner was exceptionally helpful. I also enjoyed this quiet San Jose neighborhood, near the university. A San Jose friend booked this hotel for us.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business