“Rome at home”
Review of Sapore Trattoria

Sapore Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapore Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 736 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An enchanting restaurant in the very hearth of San Jose, with authentic Italian cuisine and spotless service. Everything is hand made. Try the Festa della Pasta, for a fix price you can try 5 different handmade pastas. Enjoy our brick oven long fermentation pizzas and visit our new space, La Bottega del Gusto, where you can find the best of our artisanal products and take them to your own place...
Reviewed 17 December 2017

David, the owner of the place, is a real Roma guy and Forza Roma fan. Pictures of his honeymoon to Italy you will see on the walls. We came here for lunch, and were the only guests. we had a great salad, my wife some very good Ravioli, and I opted for a Calzone that was ok, but not more, a bit black outside, but not really hot inside, Still it was a nice meal, washed down with some Italian Pino Grigio, followed by a coffee, and a Limoncello offered. We'll be definitely back here.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this place with a friend and first of all, our waiter (shame I didn’t get his name, speaks good english) for the night is probably one of the best I’ve ever had the privilege to have. Super service minded and very helpful during all our dinner.

I took the brandy flambé tenderloin and it was so juicy and with a great seasoning as well. They make it right beside the table, which is pretty cool.

I really loved this place and hope you guys will have the same experience as I did!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical when my hubby suggested Italian while in SA. However, it was so good we went twice in one day. Let’s just start with homemade noodles- for any pasta lover, that should be ‘nuf said. Then, put that pasta in a big wheel of parmigiano and then the dish is created table side and you have a winner.

For dinner, we tried the heavenly calzone and a pizza. Hello Sapore- I’m in love with you!

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Warmly welcomed at the door and enjoyed incredibly good service for the whole meal. I had pasta and my dinning companion had pizza both were just the way they should be.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I've been there after reading the comments on tripadvisor and I can confirm it's a good italian restauran. Ì ate pizza (calzone) and it was very good. Quick service. Staff friendly and service is good. Lacated a bit out from main walking road but it anyway safe to go there even alone like me.
Recommended.