“The best pizza in San Jose!”
Review of Sapore Trattoria

Sapore Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapore Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 744 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An enchanting restaurant in the very hearth of San Jose, with authentic Italian cuisine and spotless service. Everything is hand made. Try the Festa della Pasta, for a fix price you can try 5 different handmade pastas. Enjoy our brick oven long fermentation pizzas and visit our new space, La Bottega del Gusto, where you can find the best of our artisanal products and take them to your own place...
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Although I had read about Sapore prior to our visit to San Jose we came upon it by accident as we were leaving the Jade Museum and looking for a place to have lunch. Our pizzas and salads were delicious and the service was warm and friendly. We watched pasta carbonara being prepared at table side for couple---in a wheel of parmesan that had been partially scooped out. The preparation looked fantastic and it was obvious that it was enjoyed. We loved this trattoria, it felt like we had been transported back to Italy.

2  Thank MarylinWestVancouver

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We went there to dine and were very pleased with service and food. The pizza were the best we had in a long time, and deserts were likewise very tasty. A chardonnay to drink with this lovely meal made it a perfect evening.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Five of us went here to mark the end of our trip together... the food was amazing..had the buffalo carpaccio and sea food ravioli...couldn't manage the semi fredo...but it looked divine...would highly recommend.. bit pricey..but not really..all of Costa Rica is pricey..and this was worth every penny.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I live in the US, so on our last night in San Jose, Costa Rica we ate here! We spent 2 hours or so there, just relaxing and enjoying ourselves. The food was perfection, we finished our whole plates. Then ordered dessert and our waiter finished us off with some limoncello shots! We both loved every second of our dining experience and are sad we live so far away. If we're ever back in Costa Rica we will be returning! The owner is so kind, you can tell he loves his career.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I was drawn to this restaurant by the wood oven visible from the sidewalk. The interior is classic Italian with checkered tablecloths and black and white pictures on the walls.
I ordered a pizza and a local beer. The pizza crust was soggy, clearly not well baked, and the toppings were very sparse and undistinguished.
The bill was around $20 and I expected something much better for that price. The service was basic. The server took my order, brought my food and disappeared. I had to wait for him to return so I could pay my bill.
I saw on the menu freshly made pasta and a good selection of meats. I’ll try one of those on my next visit, but one more disappointment and I’m gone.
There are much better Italian restaurants in San José.