“Funky decor, very good food, great service”
Review of Tenedor Argentino

Tenedor Argentino
Ranked #10 of 744 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$2 - US$30
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Argentine food in a lovely place in the heart of San José. We work hard to make our costumer the best meal in San Jose. Just walk in and you will not regret. We wish to see you!
Reviewed 26 January 2018

On the hunt for a great steak for my husband we naturally ended up here. We were not disappointed. He opted for a flank steak and says it was tender, tasty and perfectly grilled...I tried the grilled chicken breast and it was very good! The sides of small potatoes and salad pair perfectly with the meat and the glass of Argentine Trapiche wine finished it all off well. Our waiter recommended a typical dessert - layers of thin cookies with caramel in between and meringue on top - very yummy. We scored a table right at the front of this funky, modern feeling space and enjoyed watching the traffic and people below on the main street across from the Teatro Nacional. Our server was delightful, spoke perfect english and paid us just the right balance of attention but not too much.

2  Thank Peytonsage

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I had the steak with gnocchi and cheese sauce. It was delicious. I dug the vibe there, and my coworker who speaks Spanish was a fan of the writings on the walls. The little tomatoes in my cheese sauce were a good addition. Steak was on point, and so was the gnocchi. Our waiter had a kind and no-nonsense demeanour; he made a little chit chat with us which was good.

Would go there right now if I could.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I must admit I was expecting better from the reviews. My steak was not as juicy as ones I had elsewhere in Costa Rica. Peculiarly, the accompanying grilled veg and salad were actually the best I had in Costa Rica, but just not the combination you expect in a steak house!

Julian S, Gerente at Tenedor Argentino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thanks for your review majk259. We feel very sad reading that your steak wasn´t good enought. We hope you give us a second oportunity very soon. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I tried the chorizo and the salmon. Both were very good. The decor is cool and The atmosphere was fun. Our server was attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I cannot say enough good stuff about this place.

The food is fantastic - steak was perfect, grilled veggies fantastic, chimichurri flavorful, wine list reasonably priced and very tasty. The quality was great and the prices were reasonable.

Cute, cozy and hip decor with a fun vibe. Not loud but lively. Second floor terrace was a special treat.

Alexis was one of the best servers I have had in Costa Rica. Funny, smart and attentative. The rest of the staff was fantastic too.

Hi, thanks very much for your review. Is amazing for us when the people leave our restaurant smiling and happy, that is mean that we did everythig perfect. We will very happy having you as a costumer again very soon.