“Outstanding Argentina Empanadas!”

Ranked #222 of 740 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Argentina Empanadas are outstanding and are large. We tried the chicken and beef, both were full of meat and great tasting. The dough was light and airy. Served hot and not greasy.Some of the best tasting empanadas we have ever tasted in our travels over the years. The restaurant is small and plain, nothing special about it and the service was ok. If you are in the area, worth a stop to try the empanadas!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

For once, reasonable prices, great empanadas and salad is fresh, but really dirty bathrooms and tables. Even the people that work there do not seem clean, but when in another country, you just go with it. This place has been here for at least 30+ years, has a guy to help you park, you can eat lunch for under $10 depending on your appetite. I had 2 Baked empanadas and a small salad. I would not eat here again until I know it was cleaner.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The perfect place to have argentinan Empanadas. I have tried these in many countries and from many cooks yet these ones were the best.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

It is a small hole in the wall type of place. From the outside it looks very simple. The Empanadas are deep frayed I had a Spinach and then a tomato empanada. My wife tried the corn one and she loved. For main coarse I had a steak. It named a "Beefy" there are several to try steaks to try from. I ordered it a little under Medium and it was brought out perfectly cook. I had a choice between small potatoes in salt cooked and baked or french-fries with vegetables. I have eaten in some expensive steak houses that the meat was not even half as good this one it was like butter. This is an Argentine restaurant and they live live up to the reputation of high quality and fine meats. I recommend this place if you are in the area.

1  Thank Pocho P
Reviewed 3 January 2016

If you want the best fried Argentinain empanadas, the Gauchada is the place to go. They offer between 5 and 10 different stuffings and meat of the grill as well. This is one of the few places that has been around for more than 30 years.

1  Thank nealcr