“Good food and service”

Ranked #123 of 822 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

It was our last day of our Costa Rica trip. We ended it at San José and it was a sunday night when most are closed. We really apreciated the waiter Alex who has ensured a good service and we finished our meal on time before our show started. The food is fresh and you have a lot of choice.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is an English version of the menu and the waiter spoke good English as well. I had the Ebi teriyaki which came with miso soup, rice and vegetables. I really enjoyed it. The dynamite roll was also very good. However, my husband did not enjoy the Korean pork belly dish which is one of his favorite meals. We eat a lot of Korean but it was not up to his standards. I still recommend this place because my dish was tasty, the staff was good, parking was easy, and the restaurant was clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Definitely the best experience I've had in Costa Rica for food. Service was EXCELLENT! They were so accommodating. Down to me dropping my fork then 'hearing it from the back' and them immediately running another to me. The food was amazing. Very fresh. Hands down best hibachi I've ever had! Definitely would recommend this to anyone !

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at Hibachi last Sunday. We were the only customers and the waiter told us the beer wasn't very cold because they had turned the refrigerator on when they had opened the restaurant an hour earlier. We ordered beef filet, chicken, salmon and shrimp, only the salmon is worthy of mention. The meats are accompanied by miso soup, salad, vegetables and fried rice, all ok, not one of them particularly tasty. Their portions are good for the price. I was disappointed because I love teppanyaki (food cooked on an iron grill at your table), but I will not return.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Food was expensive and we were happy to pay expecting food to be as good as youd expect fornthe price...it was very ordinary..the ramen was made with 2 minute noodles and beef chapache noodles with veg and beef had 3 small pieces of beef and sushi was nice but not good for the price

Teksu K, Owner at Hibachi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

First you write "Chapche" no Chapache ... it is a Korean food not Chinese food !!

The concept of Chapche is the combination of vegetables with sweet potato noodles and sauteed with sesame oil !!! And beef meat is a part of dish decor.

If you do not know about Korean food we can recommend you for your taste (I see you like a lot of meat we have several types of Korean dishes that is specialized only in meat or if you like noodles with beef you can order extra beef) .. .

If you doubt Chapche please look at google.com

By the way Noodles 2 minutes is called Maruchan .. please do not play with food.