“OK place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We didn’t go to the lunchtime restaurant facing the beach. We went to the dinner time restaurant four times, since it was the only restaurant in safe walking distance at night from our hotel. I had fish every night and they offered a number of interesting sauce options. There were gluten free options, Fries were very good. I thought the several kinds of fish I had were pretty good. We weren’t in a hurry so some deficiencies o service didn’t bother us.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

My husband and I visited Les Tipaniers on our first night in Mo’orea as it was close to our hotel, the Intercontinental. The restaurant provides a free pick up and drop off, which is a nice touch. We went when it was dark so we were unable to see the view others have mentioned :( The food was good, but I had expected better based on the reviews here. We started with the poisson cru, and it was very tasty and a very large portion. My husband had the swordfish in the vanilla sauce. It was also good...however, we’re used to thick pieces of swordfish, and this was definitely not one of those. I had the shrimp with garlic. The shrimp looked huge as the heads were still on the plate (but detached) yet the shrimp were maybe two bites each. They were flavorful, though. Overall, this was a nice first meal for us.

A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Awful, hotel-affiliated restaurant. Tuna carpaccio was literally swimming in oil to the point of zero taste. The "catch of the day" swordfish came as three thin pieces (after I asked for rare) - they were dry, zero taste, and once again swimming in thick white sauce that had nothing to do with ginger (I ordered their "signature" ginger sauce). The overprice cocktail came without ice in a tiny desert wine glass. Just awful experience all around. Stay away from this place and seek out another place that would be authentic and fresh.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Nice place to visit when visiting the area. Beautiful view of the motu across from the hotel. We were hoping to have lunch on the motu across from the restaurant but it was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so we settled for the restaurant on the beach. Service was very slow and the food wasn't anything special. It took almost 2 hrs for lunch which cut into our time on the beach. Just a heads up if you are in the area visiting the motu, it may not be worth your time visiting the restaurant on the main beach by the hotel.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I guess most of the people come in just because of the view and location. We visited twice and were disappointed twice. First time we ordered Ceasar salad and poisson cru - the salad was sour and terrible and we got food poisoning from the fish! The second time we ordered only a cappuccino and papaya nectar - cappuccino tasted horribly, I believe it was some low quality coffee with added cream and the nectar was just super sweet juice.