“New shop, related & family-owned "Moana Pearls" in Paopao, Moorea”
Review of Pai Moana Perles

Pai Moana Perles
Ranked #9 of 30 Shopping in Moorea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Black Pearl producer since 1987, no middle man just good prices. Free pick-ups from any hotel ( no obligations ) Our designs are simple but elegant at our shop, and our pearls come directly from our pearl farm at Manihi. Small family business, with great service and simply the best product out there for the best prices available. see us fist, and we both win.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wow, I tried to add this new shop for a separate review but [perhaps due to operator error!] I failed - So, I'm adding the review here since it's "all in the family." While staying at the Manava Beach Resort, we heard about good deals on pearls at the new "Moana Pearls" location in Paopao, and met the owner, Marama "Peter" Ringland - super guy, well educated and extremely knowledgeable about the family business and pearl farms. He educated us on the different qualities and types of pearls, the evaluation and mounting process used for rings, and helped us pick out a perfect "12" pearl from a large inventoryfor my wife's new ring. We were able to negotiate a really good price while remaining friends[!], and both sides walked away happy [we made a great purchase, and Peter was very accommodating at meeting our budget]! Dealing and talking with Peter about his background and about pearls was one of the highlights of a great vacation, and we now have the perfect souvenir. I DEFINITELY recommend a visit to Moana Pearls in Paopao and would happily go there again for more purchases when on Moorea! Educational, comfortable and rewarding!

1  Thank KaneoheMike
MaraRingland, Owner at Pai Moana Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for your heartfilled review. It was a true pleasure meeting you guys, please stop by and say hello on your next visit to Moorea. Take care
Sincerly

"ear rings"
"ins and outs"
"pearl shops"

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I recently returned from Moorea and on my 'must do' list is a visit to see that latest and pearls on offer. Once again not disappointed, and another purchase made. My wife and I have purchased a variety of Pearl settings and they are always commented about when worn. Of course they go with any outfit so makes life easier for us. Am saving for my next trip to Tahiti and of course a trip to my favorite store

MaraRingland, Owner at Pai Moana Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you very much for your review Clinton, it was a true pleasure to meet and do business with you. I hope that you will enjoy your beautiful pearls for many years to come. We look forward to see you on your next visit to our beautiful island. Take care.
Peter

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We had looked in several shops for pearls and jewelry but kept getting recommendations to go to Pai Moana. Peter Sr. came all the way to the Sofitel to pick us up, gave us a mini tour as he brought us to his shop, introduced us to his daughter who helped us pick out several unique items. He then returned us to our hotel continuing to give us some island insights. The advantage is that they have a large selection as they harvest their own pearls. They will help you find what you are looking for and, if you wish, string a set of pearls while you wait in a custom design. We also met his son at his new shop, Moana Pearls. We were treated very well and certainly above what we expected. Thank You.

1  Thank Joel K
Pai Moana Pearl... M, Owner at Pai Moana Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

We thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure to meet you both and to share our beautiful island insights with you. Please stop by to say hello on your next visit to our paradise. Take care.
Peter

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Pai Moana was recommended to us as the place to buy loose pearls in Moorea. The owner spent a great deal of time educating us on what to look for when buying pearls, as well as making sure that I was getting exactly what I was hoping for. There were many beautiful pearls to choose from, both loose and already designed in settings.
I purchased several gifts as well as a beautiful necklace for myself. I felt that the owner was knowledgeable, trustworthy, and reasonably priced.

It was a wonderful experience and I would highly Pai Moana.

2  Thank Beth B
Pai Moana Pearl... M, Manager at Pai Moana Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your review, as it is much appreciated. It was a pleasure to have you in our store, and we hope to see you again on our beautiful island of Moorea. Take care
Sincerely