“Still outstanding sandwiches the third time around”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Ranked #1 of 15 Quick Bites in Rarotonga
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 17 May 2020

The Mooring was one of our favorite spots to eat, so on our third trip to Rarotonga we had to visit once again. The sandwiches are of good size and absolutely fresh/delicious on Turkish bread. The scenery is pretty decent as well, as you are overlooking the Muri lagoon. Great staff and relaxed atmosphere with outdoor seating, I will definitely return on my next visit again!

Please indicate if you found this review to be helpful as it will help me better focus my efforts in the future once travel resumes once again. Stay safe and take care!

2  Thank jjluke
Write a reviewReviews (2,362)

Reviewed 6 April 2020 via mobile

The best spicy tuna tacos yum. Can’t wait until the cafe is open again. Jill and her team are taking really good care of their guest and everything is so fresh and taste delicious.

Date of visit: April 2020
1  Thank 141anneket
Reviewed 29 March 2020

Stopped her for lunch and order the FOB which was fresh, tasty and a good size - all of which I expect for a $15.00 sandwich. I also ordered the hot chips at $5.00 and was really disappointed in the portion size - was about half the portion I expected. Overall, enjoyed the food and might go back.

Reviewed 26 March 2020 via mobile

This was my second visit to Rarotonga and I could hardly wait to get back for another fish sandwich. I was not disappointed it was just as delicious as I remembered from nearly 4 years ago. The views are stunning and the staff so friendly it is hard to leave. Loved the music too all favorite songs from the past I just had to sing along.

Reviewed 19 March 2020

This place is only open till 3:30 in the afternoon but believe me when l say their Fish sandwich is the best on the island. All their fish dishes use Mahi Mahi not the cheaper/tougher Marlin. Had the sandwich and the fish and chips, not a fan of their chips, they are those thin type. The nachos looked good and all meals under $15. Recomended. Staff were friendly and helpfull.

Date of visit: February 2020