“Great sushi”

Wasabi's
Ranked #19 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Majestic views of Kachemak Bay, glaciers and mountains, multiple bird viewing opportunities and a moose or two. We accommodate large parties to 300 people, plenty of parking perfect for weddings and functions. We also have a night club with state of the art lighting, sound and vidio perfect for that special event.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Contrary to some previous reviews, I found the sushi at this restaurant to be excellent. I'm not sure if others were here during off times or there have been recent changes, but the salmon sushi (fresh Sockeye from the Cook Inlet) was the best sushi I've had anywhere aside from a few places in Japan. They also have some other fish (Halibut, Salmon Shark) which are unique and hard to find outside of Alaska, making this restaurant worth the try if you're a sushi fan. The rolls are not overly complex like at similarly priced restaurants in the lower 48, but the quality of the fish is phenomenal. All other aspects (view, service, drinks) were very good as well.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Excellent food with the largest sushi presentation I have seen. The view from the dining room is spectacular with 3 glaciers in plain sight.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

You must eat here. Incredible seafood and sushi. There is a bar too with local wines and micro brews as well as mixed drinks. My favorite is the thyme margarita. Excellent! On East End Road about 10 minutes from downtown Homer. Reservations necessary.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The view from the dining room here is beautiful. Window seats are great but I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Lea B. Was our server and her knowledge of the menu was extensive. She provided us with a wonderful dining experience. We both had the halibut served with cheesy cauliflower and asparagus. Our choice of the Kung fu rolls was a good one. They serve enormous pieces of fish....I brought home half of mine for lunch tomorrow. Their beer selection is interesting...hubby had the Alaskan hopothermia IPA. I enjoyed the bartenders suggestion of the La Fin Du Monde Blonde.
Sometimes beers on tap are not up top par but these were really fresh and wonderfully cold. Can't wait to work in another dinner here before we leave Homer on Thursday.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant!!! We make sure to eat here each time we're in Homer!! Delicious food, awesome service, and an amazing view.

Been to Wasabi's? Share your experiences!