Pioneer Inn Homer(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$159
Ocean Shores(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$279
US$271
Kenai Peninsula Suites(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$300
Hotels.com
Glacier View Cabins(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$175
Alaskan Suites(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$289
Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$209
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$350
TripAdvisor
All reviewsart galleriesshort drivecarolewoodworkhostessalaska
Reviewed 5 January 2016

My experience at the Whalesong B&B was phenomenal. Located just above the center of town, all of the shops and restaurants are an easy walking distance. With all of the handmade woodwork and beach décor, the atmosphere of the bed and breakfast is comfortable and quaint. Everything was clean and orderly and the beds were very comfy. Carole’s hospitality was welcoming and I wanted for nothing. She made my stay in Homer one of the easiest renting experiences possible, and I am very happy that I made my choice to stay at the Whalesong.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
CaroleAxeHamik, Owner at Whalesong Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Your visit was immensely enjoyed with us. We also loved how much you showed so much appreciation for even the smallest things we did for you. Can hardly wait for to come back! And thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Whalesong B&B is a unique adventure, perfect for adventurous folks who appreciate small town hospitality and center-of-the-action proximity. The host is a lovely Alaskan whose encyclopedic knowledge of Homer and the surrounding area has particular focus on how to make any visit fun, no matter your interests. This B&B is the perfect launch pad for a Homer experience!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for the really nice review. It was great of you to take the time to write. Can hardly wait until you return!

Reviewed 5 January 2015

The ads do not do this place justice. They promise a cozy little B&B, however, my room was cold, the flannel sheets with covered with nubs, and the simple cotton curtains could not block out the light, Breakfast was a muffin fresh from the freezer, granola and yogurt. Booking that room was an expensive mistake.

Room Tip: Do not book here.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Danielle055
CaroleAxeHamik, Owner at Whalesong Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2015

I am sadly disheartened by this untrue review. First off, the rooms have a heater and a fireplace in each. I point it out to the guests, why they would not turn it on is quite puzzling and then to complain....??? I make 6 muffins each night and if they are frozen- it is just fine, they defrost the next morning and are still delicious. Hundredsof guests stay here and love it and I truly enjoy serving them all the best.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

The website is so lovely, and months ago, my sister booked the whole guest area for our party of three. We confirmed mid-summer. On the day of reservation, we could not reach the owner by phone to advise we would arrive early evening, so left two messages. When we arrived , we roused the owner upstairs who greeted us by saying that she had found "a great roommate to share the property with us" .... then acknowledged that she had overbooked! We were also displeased at the odor of mildew. She tried to help us locate another property, to no avail. We finally left, and luckily located very good new lodgings. This place is sadly not as represented! Hope things will be different for others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fancyfree28805
CaroleAxeHamik, Owner at Whalesong Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

I am so sorry to have overbooked the rooms! It was an extremely busy summer for the bed and breakfast, the likes of which I haven't seen in almost twenty years of doing business, and I feel terrible that I made that mistake with the booking. Luckily I have since created a streamlined, organized system that will help prevent that problem from happening again. I am so glad that we were able to find you another lovely place to stay in downtown Homer, and for your next visit I would like to offer you a free night here at the Whalesong B&B. Take care and happy travels, Carole.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights, and were quite comfortable. Our hostess was charming and knowledgeable, assisting with all our needs. Her husband, was gone commercially fishing, but left his mark throughout the B&B with artistic and well made woodwork. The rate, at the height of Halibut season, was better than the name brand motels/hotels.

Room Tip: With a small number of rooms, reserve long enough in advance to receive your choice of bed arrangements.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple