“Million Dollar View in Excellent Accomodations!”
Review of Good Karma Inn

Good Karma Inn
Ranked #3 of 40 Homer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Good Karma Inn for 2 nights at the end of July. We are used to higher end accommodations and this Inn fit the bill. We enjoyed the gorgeous views from the Mindfulness room and balcony. The house is modern, clean and peaceful. All rooms have great views and light blocking blinds if you prefer a dark room for sleeping. Michael was very helpful with recommendations to local restaurant and businesses. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and plan to send anyone lucky enough to visit Homer to the Good Karma Inn.

Melissa B.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
kachemak, Owner at Good Karma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

What I remember about the Burns' visit at July's end was that the temperatures were getting too warm for this Alaskan boy !...... Our normal temperatures in June, July and August are between 55-65 F...... whenever we creep over 70 F we could be setting a record !....... Of course most of our visitors are fleeing much warmer climes......

There are newer reviews for Good Karma Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I travel solo a lot and it was nice to have a place I could meet others, share a meal and hear the days adventures of the guests. The host was very knowledgeable about the area and Alaska. My room was very comfortable and quiet and the view was amazing. I also had "Good Karma " and saw 20 bears on my bear viewing trip to Lake Clark!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

I am so happy that Jamey had the good fortune to see 20 bears on her Lake Clark experience..... It's estimated that Alaska has 80,000 brown bears and 140,000 black bears...And Homer is the largest jumping off point either to Katmai National Park to the Southwest or to Lake Clark National Park to the Northwest....

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here. We didn't want to close the shades to close out the long daylight because the view was so beautiful. The log home and decor were amazing and unique. Great helpful host. Breakfast cooked to order. Good directions for best routes in and out of town

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

I really enjoy helping my guests maximize their time here on the shores of Kachemak Bay and I do that by providing insider tips that I've accumulated in 23 years here..... ( I am from New Hampshire originally )

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We were extremely happy with the accommodations at the Good Karma Inn. We stayed in Kindness for 5 nights and then Mindfulness for the last 2 nights of our trip. Both rooms were large, comfortable, beautifully decorated with incredible views of the Katchemak Bay, the mountains, and the Grewingk Glacier. Our host Michael, was very friendly and helpful and made the best coffee in the world, and lots of it! Thank you Michael! We would love to return someday and highly recommend to anyone going to Homer!

Room Tip: All rooms are superior!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Nan and Ann were lovely guests who could really roll with the punches ! One morning they met up with a walking river guide at 3:30 AM !!!.......They took full advantage of everyday here..... And Thanks for mentioning the great coffee, Nan !......I grind the organic, free trade coffee fresh daily and I am unafraid to put plenty of coffee in the coffee...

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Michael is such a wonderful host and a great breakfast cook to boot. The views are outstanding and the company couldn't have been nicer. Make this your splurge in Alaska. I sure am glad we did. We spent our finest 2 nights in Alaska at Homer and the Good Karma Inn. Thanks Michael!

Room Tip: Take the top two rooms for the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Well, for some folks a stay here at the Good karma Inn might be considered a " splurge ", I am proud to say that I haven't raised my rates in 6 years ... ( despite being # 1 or at times # 2 on Trip Advisor... )