Good Karma Inn
US$349
US$175
US$170
US$220
Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$189
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Homer Stay and Play(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$165
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$245
Baycrest Lodge(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$295
Fisherman's Tales B & B(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$204
US$109
Official Site
All reviewshost michaelkachemak bayjaw droppingeach room has its ownwater taxihomer areastayed longeramazing viewswe loved our staybed and breakfastmindfulnesswisdommountainshousealaskamichaelscompassion
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I travel solo a lot and it was nice to have a place I could meet others, share a meal and hear the days adventures of the guests. The host was very knowledgeable about the area and Alaska. My room was very comfortable and quiet and the view was amazing. I also had "Good Karma " and saw 20 bears on my bear viewing trip to Lake Clark!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
kachemak, Owner at Good Karma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

I am so happy that Jamey had the good fortune to see 20 bears on her Lake Clark experience..... It's estimated that Alaska has 80,000 brown bears and 140,000 black bears...And Homer is the largest jumping off point either to Katmai National Park to the Southwest or to Lake Clark National Park to the Northwest....

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here. We didn't want to close the shades to close out the long daylight because the view was so beautiful. The log home and decor were amazing and unique. Great helpful host. Breakfast cooked to order. Good directions for best routes in and out of town

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

I really enjoy helping my guests maximize their time here on the shores of Kachemak Bay and I do that by providing insider tips that I've accumulated in 23 years here..... ( I am from New Hampshire originally )

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We were extremely happy with the accommodations at the Good Karma Inn. We stayed in Kindness for 5 nights and then Mindfulness for the last 2 nights of our trip. Both rooms were large, comfortable, beautifully decorated with incredible views of the Katchemak Bay, the mountains, and the Grewingk Glacier. Our host Michael, was very friendly and helpful and made the best coffee in the world, and lots of it! Thank you Michael! We would love to return someday and highly recommend to anyone going to Homer!

Room Tip: All rooms are superior!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Nan and Ann were lovely guests who could really roll with the punches ! One morning they met up with a walking river guide at 3:30 AM !!!.......They took full advantage of everyday here..... And Thanks for mentioning the great coffee, Nan !......I grind the organic, free trade coffee fresh daily and I am unafraid to put plenty of coffee in the coffee...

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Michael is such a wonderful host and a great breakfast cook to boot. The views are outstanding and the company couldn't have been nicer. Make this your splurge in Alaska. I sure am glad we did. We spent our finest 2 nights in Alaska at Homer and the Good Karma Inn. Thanks Michael!

Room Tip: Take the top two rooms for the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Well, for some folks a stay here at the Good karma Inn might be considered a " splurge ", I am proud to say that I haven't raised my rates in 6 years ... ( despite being # 1 or at times # 2 on Trip Advisor... )

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I loved everything about this inn. Michael has built a gorgeous, welcoming home and we thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. I can't remember which room we were in but we stayed on the top level of the house. The room was spacious with good heating - which was key as we were there in late September, which is quite late in the season and already cold (at least compared to the 90+ degrees we're used to in Hong Kong).

The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was simple and spotless with everything we needed and there was a balcony that we would love to have sat on but it was too cold so we just used it to take pictures of the stunning view. Outside the top two bedrooms is a cozy sitting area with super comfy chairs that we lounged in each night after dinner with a glass of wine and a book.

Michael was an engaging, charming host and we absolutely adored his sweet dog. He made us gallons of fresh coffee with eggs, toast and sausage and then sat down to chat with us each morning. It was a great way to start our day and we especially appreciated his restaurant recommendations - not once did he steer us wrong, we ate very, very well while in Homer!

The inn is located just a few minutes drive from pretty much everything in Homer but is nicely tucked away so you don't see or hear anything other than nature.

Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

It's lovely for me to read this review and to realize the wonderful time spent here despite the coolish temperatures compared to Hong Kong...And Thank you for the shoutout to my dog, Samantha, aka Sammy...... she is a rescue with a pronounced limp but extremely Sweet...