Good Karma Inn
US$349
Homer Stay and Play(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$220
US$249
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$245
Fisherman's Tales B & B(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$204
US$289
Orbitz.com
US$109
Official Site
Baycrest Lodge(Homer)
All reviewshost michaelkachemak bayjaw droppingeach room has its ownwater taxihomer areastayed longeramazing viewswe loved our staybed and breakfastmindfulnesswisdommountainshousealaskamichaelscompassion
Reviewed 30 December 2016

The Good Karma Inn was the perfect retreat for us while in Homer for the weekend. Although I would have loved to pitch a tent on the spit, this B&B was a lot more comfortable and homey. We felt at home immediately and loved that Michael built us an outdoor fire to sit and enjoy pre-dinner. It was a great location as we could get anywhere within 5 minutes, and Michael had plenty of great recommendations for what to see and do. I hope we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

The Wisdom room had a great bed and bath and was spotless! The view of the bay is gorgeous! We didn't have any breakfasts offered but the room was very nice! Michael makes his own red wine and it is yummy! We did the Alaska Bear Adventures trip to Katmai and it was amazing!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
kachemak, Owner at Good Karma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

It was delightful to host Belgin and her husband, Victor, for a recent 2 night stay.... I offer to cook everyone a full breakfast beginning at 6:30 AM......If your scheduled activity requires you to be some place earlier than that you'll have to prepare your own breakfast.....
Coffee is ready the night before and at a click of the switch both caffeinated and de-caf coffee is ready in 5 minutes !

Reviewed 13 September 2016

An incredible place to stay in Homer. I had a very good time at the Inn. Michael, the host, was an absolute joy to visit with and very knowledgeable about the town and things to do there. It was a bonus that he is a fellow Nam veteran. All his suggestions, including the best places to sight-see, eat, and shop, were right-on for what I was looking for. I appreciated that he got up so early one day to make me breakfast before my fishing trip. The rooms and Inn are very tastefully appointed with many pieces of local art. The rooms were comfy, the amenities as advertised, and the view................. If you are looking for a nice quiet get-away out of town, this is the place for you. The calling of the Sandhill Cranes as a wakeup call was a particularly nice bonus!! I wish I had more time to stay there, but I WILL be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent with great views.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

I have to echo Denny's delight at commiserating with a fellow Viet Nam veteran..... Folks may think that we exchanged war stories but that is exactly what we didn't do ( and neither do the vast majority of vets that I know... ) We reminisced about our youth and the crazy, illogical things that happened.....the SNAFUS, and how it's hard to remember why you went into the swamp when you're up to your butt in alligators....
I'm hoping to see Denny again when the fishing bug bites him again...

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Our stay at Good Karma Inn just could not have been more pleasant! We had clear days to view Katchemak Bay and the Kenai Mountains complete with 5 glaciers from our balcony. Our gracious host Michael, chatted with us and picked up the phone to make a reservation for us whenever we decided on an activity or restaurant. He had great advice on the best things to see and do in Homer and where to go to get the most spectacular views. We have amazing photos of whales in the Bay on our way over to hike in Katchemak Bay State Park, the Grewingk Glacier and a beautiful sunset from our balcony as we sipped our wine. Sandhills cranes flying at treetop height actually went by our window in the morning and we appreciated being a little ways out of the bustle of downtown Homer. We enjoyed the art collection adorning the walls and admiring the log cabin Michael built himself! This was our second visit to Alaska but our first visit to Homer. Good Karma Inn has an idyllic setting, a gracious and interesting host and is truly a wonderful place to relax!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

I am overjoyed that Cheryl and James had such terrific weather to enjoy the many available activities here in our Cosmic Hamlet by-the-Sea !

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom because of the glowing reviews on tripadvisor. However we did not have a pleasant stay. We felt very uncomfortable when Michael yelled at us for talking too loud in the kitchen which is located on the first floor immediately next to his own personal room as well as another guest room. We were whispering in order to not wake up any guests at around 6:30am and Michael stormed out of his room and complained that we were talking too loudly. The concerning thing about that is the way he told us. Another guest was asking us questions about what to do in homer and we were having a nice conversation in a low voice, and he came out and was very rude then went back into his room. Our room had a great view but the bathroom was dirty and he refuses the liquid bath soap and bath shower gel for all the guests, since I'm guessing that he thinks it's ok since it's not a bar soap. However the bottles on both shower soap and bath liquid soap was crusty and old and 1/3rd full. When I asked if he had a new bottle of soap to give me, I was scolded and lectured. We came to this bed and breakfast to have peace and serenity and the whole time felt like we were walking on egg shells. I'm really surprised that other reviewers have not reported Michael's short tempermant and controlling personality. If you come here you will have incredible views but not sure it's worth the feeling of discomfort with the host. He has strict rules of no shoes in the house which I respect, but the way he said it was very rude. Also he didn't offer to make us eggs or a hot breakfast in the morning. So we just ate cereal. I was extremely dissappointed in my experience with this bed and breakfast, especially after staying at other bed and breakfasts where the hosts were pleasant and accommodating.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Avery500
kachemak, Owner at Good Karma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Responding to my first negative review in fourteen (14!) years with the following: it is my responsibility to provide comfort and relaxation for all of my guests, including the ones who are not awake at 6:30a when you are conversing loudly in a common area. It would seem counterproductive to "yell" at you when my intent was to request you keep your voices down so others could sleep. I certainly don't yell at my guests.

Second, there are two things which prevent guests from receiving a hot breakfast: guests decide they do not want a hot breakfast, or they leave before standard breakfast time for fishing/flightseeing/other departure. Most B&Bs serve breakfast in a certain time period; I am very flexible, but there is a limit. Hot breakfast at 4 or 5am is something you're unlikely to find at any B&B.

If you were uncomfortable with the house rules, as with any B&B, inn or hotel, you are always welcome to find other accommodations. Had I been advised of your unhappiness I would have helped you find another B&B in town.

Refilling bottled toiletry products is common practice, and I apologize if you found this offensive. I have never received a complaint about cleanliness in the many years I have operated the Good Karma, and if you had brought it to my attention when you were here I would have been happy to investigate. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment but as many years of consistently perfect reviews will attest, disappointment is certainly not the norm.

Safe travels,