“Where The Locals Go”

K-Bay Caffe
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Homer
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: From humble beginnings in 1998, Our Dream has always been to provide coffee that inspires the coffee drinker. To support farmers near and far practicing organic methods. To encourage fair distribution of consumer donations. To inform and educate. To be informed and educated. We provide Organic Locally Roasted Espresso, Organic Baked Goods with lots of vegan and gluten-free options and Fresh Vegetarian soups, burritos and a special place to gather together in the Heart of Homer!
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We search out local coffee shops when we travel but hadn't found K Bay until a local suggested it. We ended up going three times. The froth on our Almond Milk Lattes was done so so well. Breakfast burritos and sandwiches hit the spot on all three visits. Staff was very friendly. This will be our go to Homer coffee shop.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The recently renovated KBay Caffe offers THE BEST COFFEE in Alaska, bar none :))). Their drinks are prepared by super talented and friendly baristas, and the kitchen serves a delicious variety of baked goods,soups, etc including vegetarian and vegan items. Local artwork adorn the walls, and families/friends enjoy this place for gatherings, relaxing, and working as well. Their Coffee is acquired via fair trade and brewed to perfection, always... enjoy our favorite coffee shop :)))

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I've been travelling in Alaska for a month and while I've had some good coffee at various places, it's usually been a bit underwhelming and lacking real coffee flavour. On my last day in the state I discovered K-Bay and finally had a coffee that worked ! Friendly folks, quirky place with character, simple snacks at a good price and coffee and beans to takeaway or enjoy in.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Talk about a time warp. I dropped in here for coffee and a sweet roll and had a choice between feminist coffee (Prominently labeled as such - grown by, processed, ...) and organic Ethiopian brew or something like that. The sweet roll was excellent, the day old cookie better, and both coffees too - I had 2 cups. I expected the woman behind the counter to pick up a guitar and start a singalong but she didn't even though there was a small stage there. The whole thing reminded me of the places I used to frequent in the 70s. A very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

K-bay does a great job sourcing and roasting their coffee. I'm not usually a fancy coffee type of guy but they have some fantastic options in addition to their drip coffee.

Been to K-Bay Caffe? Share your experiences!