“Amazing Hiking Experience”

Mount Roberts Trail
Ranked #12 of 96 things to do in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: Hiking trail beginning in downtown Juneau that is great for novices.
Reviewed 30 December 2017

My partner and I went last September. It was an amazing hiking experience. Steep trail that was almost like an obstacle course and the views - once you could see through the dense forest - was amazing. Our total hike was 7 hours and we could not be happier with our experience. I totally recommend couples to try this.

2  Thank Victoria J
in 10 reviews
"nice walk"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2017

A fun ride to the top of Mt Roberts - easily accessible downtown Juneau. The top gives a beautiful view over the Juneau area as well as south and north. There's a nice gift shop at the top too.
Especially enjoyable is the outdoor hike out through the area. Some thrilling overlooks.

2  Thank John E
Reviewed 26 November 2017

This use to be my best escape for a nice afternoon walk when I used to work on Cruise Ships. Every 7th day our ship use to be in Juneau Alaska during the peak season time. Often I used to come out around 1100am and take a tram up to this mountain and do this hike on Mount Roberts Trail. I have loved every bit of it specially the weather. Being an India coming from a busy metro city this kind of weather is a Dream come true, where there is ample of sunlight to recharge every cell of your body but at the same time you do not feel the heat exhaustion in spite of walking for a good one hour in the sun, now that's amazing from my prospective. Also along with the bright sun light you get this nice mild breeze of cold fresh air, such a rare combination. Of course this kind of weather is during the Alaska Season time only. But for me most of the time I visited and hiked this trail, I have been lucky to have this weather 9 out of 10 times. This trail is a must do for Couple / Family or Solo Traveler to help you either bond with your partner / have amazing time with family enjoying the glorious day / or to walk the earth alone and connect with the deepest part of yourself.

9  Thank irfannoorani69
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Take the tram up to the trails. Tram tickets are good all day. Trails paved and and lots of foliage and vegetation. Awesome view of Juneua at th top of the trail.