See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Alaska and having The Fireweed B&B to come home to after a full day of exploring was such a comfort.We stayed in the guesthouse that is tucked away in the woods. Very warm and inviting decor. The king size beds are very comfortable and the bedrooms are very spacious. The living area is large and comfortable. The bathroom is also large and well done. The owners Jeff and Danith are very friendly. Thought it was a great location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had gotten upgraded to the apartment above the garage. It was spectacular. The bed was so comfortable that sleeping was never a problem. At first I thought it was far from town, but quickly realized it was in a perfect location. Had a full kitchen which I didn't expect, but helped us immensely. After a long day, relaxing by the tv with soup or something was perfect. I didn't like that our bathroom was downstairs but it wasn't anything that would prevent me from going back. It was very clean too, very clean. The breakfasts were so fun! I loved getting the notes at night explaining them. They bring the breakfast during the day whirl you're out so you can sleep in at your leisure. I really liked that. They were always unique, exciting and delicious. The owners are so nice, you just want to talk and talk and talk with them :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnneP_10
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This B & B was terrific. We stayed in the guest house and it was very cozy. We had everything we needed and some extras such as a washer and dryer (loved that!). The breakfast every morning is fabulous. Jeffrey and Danith are terrific. We will stay here again when we find our way back to Juneau.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OCBB
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We stayed in the Guest House which is VERY comfortable, roomy, and private. Although we did not spend much time there as we played tourist the whole time we visited and were out doing several things in the Juneau/Douglas area, the Guest House was great. Our welcome was warm but our privacy was respected. Advice on local sightseeing and activities was nice to have, too. The bed was very comfortable -- and that's important for me as beds other than my own often stress my back. We stayed for 5 nights and loved every minute. I very much appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom. The breakfasts are fantastic, effectively gourmet, plentiful and were left in the refrigerator with a note explaining the dish and instructions for heating. The kitchen is fully equipped with extras like great coffee, teas, hot chocolate drinks; some snacks and there's wi-fi and TV/dishnet. As a plus, the visiting Stellar's Jays were quite entertaining, too as they flew in to steal bread crumbs from the deck.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blatshaw
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fireweed guest house for our honeymoon. We had an entire house all to ourselves and the experience was delightful. The house is very clean, cozy, and private (the house is nestled among the trees). It also has a full kitchen, a jacuzzi bath tub, and a washer and dryer. You have the option of having your breakfast prepared each morning. Jeff and Danith would stock our breakfast in the refrigerator the evening before, so all we had to do was heat it up and enjoy it at our leisure. It was nice not to have to worry about time constraints or waking up in time for a scheduled meal. AND, the food was absolutely delicious! We were spoiled with the best quiches and souffles that we had ever eaten. Jeff and Danith were also extremely considerate of our privacy and made every effort to make our stay comfortable and easy. They also seemed like really nice people. I highly recommend their bed and breakfast. The guest house would also be great for a family since it has two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple