Gallery Lodge(Kasilof)
US$130
US$215
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$189
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
US$139
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
US$169
Decanter Inn(Kasilof)
TripAdvisor
Crooked Creek(Kasilof)
Pitchup.com
All reviewshalibutcatch fishtop notcheggs benedicteach morningprime ribfishing gearbeautiful settinggreat hospitalityamazing fishingcouple of daysdorothyretreatappetizersaccommodationslodgetrips
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Wow, what a great destination. If you are the sportsman looking to bag some of Alaska's salmon this is the place for you. Dorthy ask for your plans and makes all the accommodation so you don't have to do the search. She has multiple river boats with great guides like Brian. If your wanting some halibut you can get out on the salt with Aaron. They have two or three saltwater boats now.
You won't leave disappointed, if there are fish in the water her guides know where they are and how to set you up to land them. I'll be there the week of July 2nd '17 and can't wait to get back. It's been too long since I've been, and im getting fishin' fever.
Of course I can't wait to see all the staff and Dorthy especially.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
kasilof, Owner at Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! You mentioned our great guides - we only hire experienced guides who have fished here and know these waters and it's great to know our guests appreciate them! We are excited to see you again this summer; we enjoy seeing all of our Crooked Creek Retreat family when you return year after year.

-Dorothy, Owner/Outfitter

Reviewed 18 August 2016

My husband won a free trip to this fishing resort in Alaska. I went along and had the best time ever - it was worth paying for me to go. And we'd go again. The lodge was beautiful, our room (the duck room) had the best view in the place of Crooked Creek. The bed was so comfortable, the sheets were high quality. It was quiet and relaxing. The guides were friendly and professional. And we caught fish. Dorothy, the owner was a kick. Oh and the meals were wonderful. Appetizers each night and a great meal then dessert. The guides - Larry, Terry and Jason were fun too. I'm bad with names but the cook and the server were so sweet and friendly. They made us lunch each day with a sandwich, dessert, and chips or snack, oh and chocolates! I'm not a fisher woman by any means, but I caught more keepers than my husband! An 85# halibut. Each night at dinner Dorothy talks to you about what you will be doing the next day. She sets up everything for you - so if you want to be on a river or on the ocean, or in a plane - she makes all the reservations for you. The resort has all the rain suits, waders, boots, fishing gear, etc. you will need. The guides clean your fish, package and flash freeze it, and then package it for travel or shipping. I recommend going fishing with your husband and staying at Crooked Creek Retreat, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy H
kasilof, Owner at Crooked Creek Retreat & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you for the great review, we loved having you both with us and especially enjoyed your excitement on becoming a true fisher-woman! We are still talking about you guys and what a pleasure it was to have you with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about the staff here at Crooked Creek! Dorothy runs a top notch retreat and her staff is fantastic. From the moment we were picked up at the airport in Kenai we were completely taken care of. From transportation to meals to fishing excursions, all were thoroughly planned out. Accommodations were comfortable and inviting. The lodge was a perfect place to relax after catching our limits of fish and mingling with the other guests to share stories and pictures of the day. Dinner is served each evening at 5:30, don't be late! When the bell rings you are in for a treat. You will experience some of the best home cooked meals ever! Breakfast, lunch and dinner, all taken care of with the utmost of care. Our sole purpose other than spending time with family was to fish and the guides more than satisfied our every want and need. From preparing the boats and gear each morning to getting us to the best locations to fish, it's all included. Hooking a 30lb King and having it snap the line while flossing for sockeye was exciting but the fact that our guide had another rod in my hand quicker than I could even think about the one that got away! Each day with each guide we experienced similar situations. Hats off to our guides Terry, Jason, Larry and Aaron and to all of the staff that made our trip one of the most enjoyable and memorable trips of a lifetime. We look forward to planning another trip to Crooked Creek with our new found friends and would recommend them to anyone interested in experiencing the best that the Kenai Peninsula has to offer!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Crooked Creek Retreat is a stunningly beautiful property that overlooks the most peaceful creek. We enjoyed evenings by the fire pit getting to know some of the other guests. Staying here is like staying in someone's very nice home, though there is plenty of personal space. The rooms are large & there is a nice, fluffy robe in your closet.

The kitchen staff is friendly & the meals are delicious & varied. If you have any dietary needs/restrictions, let them know in advance since the meals appear to already be planned once you arrive. Perhaps CCR could add a printed menu for everyone to view upon arrival. Keep in mind that if you aren't fishing, the timing of the meals is based on everyone's fishing days so breakfast, for example, may be super-early, like 6:00 a.m. There is a separate kitchen (fridge, toaster, etc.) that you can use at anytime though. Your plans for the day are discussed during dinner on your first night (and your 2nd, etc. if it is someone else's 1st night). This is really more of a speech than a discussion so I would suggest that CCR change this as it doesn't allow for any sort of interaction, thus leaving the meals rather boring and somewhat awkward.

The fishing guides are highly-skilled & provide top notch service. They handle everything you need an even give direction if needed/desired. They will clean the fish, vacuum seal it & freeze it for you but you have to get it home. I would suggest that CCR add this back in as a service.

My final suggestion for CCR is to add an onsite concierge. It would be nice to have someone that is solely focused on customer service.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at CCR & would recommend it. We travel quite a bit so some suggestions are simply an effort to hone in on the details and up the level of customer service.

Room Tip: Quiet & peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JaimeInAtlanta
Reviewed 7 July 2016

My son recently graduated from high school and I had promised him a memorable trip to either Africa to hunt or to Alaska to fish.
I did as much research as I could, including using Tripadvisor, other internet sites, and talking to numerous lodges, outfitters and customers of the places I was considering.
I will tell you that my research paid off!
We had a wonderful time our week we spent in Alaska and Dorothy and her staff made us feel right at home. Her goal is for her guests to fell welcome,relaxed and to have a good time. From the beautiful 11,000 square foot lodge, to our rooms that were large, well decorated and spotless, we could not have asked for better accommodations. The food was wonderful as Angela served delicious breakfast and gourmet dinners. Each day as we left to go fish, we had a cooler packed with a great variety of food to enjoy throughout the day.
We were there between 6/19 and 6/25. The sockeye salmon were late arriving this year, but we had tremendous success after a couple of days. The halibut fishing was fantastic and an experience we will not forget. The guides at Crooked Creek are knowledgeable, professional and a lot of fun to spend the day on the water with. They truly do want you to have a good time and to have success.
All in all, we had a trip that will give us a lifetime of memories, a huge collection of photos and fishing videos and a bunch of delicious salmon and halibut to remind us of our trip.
We talked to several other fishermen from other lodges in the area and when we compared our lodge, food, price and experience, they all agreed that we had found a better deal.
If you are looking to book a fishing trip to the Kenai Peninsula, look no further than Crooked Creek Retreat. You WILL NOT be disappointed.
Karl Thomason