All reviewssingle bedfish tacosfull kitchenfire pitfishing gearcook inletgreat tripsockeyemonkfishthe rivercured salmonjenniferloftrodswadersgashosts
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Orca Lodge is in a great location convenient to both the highway and the Kenai River, yet has a secluded feel. The cabins are literally on the banks of the River and well designed, super clean and it is easy to tell they have been well taken care of. It was just my wife and I but our cabin had a double bed, single bed and two more beds in a cool loft. We have been coming to Alaska for years and wish we had discovered this facility when our three kids were still at home; they would have loved the setup. Due to a traffic accident by Anchorage we didn't arrive until 9 pm well after our intended time. Jennifer, the host, was still available and in addition to showing us our cabin, showed us around the property which included a fire in a fire pit, bar bq, coolers, fish cleaning station, fishing equipment if needed, and stairs down the river where one could fish if one chose to do so. The landscaping showed a lot of care that many places don't do. We were very impressed and had a great time there.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

The staff at Orca lodge were amazing. Cabin was perfect for 3 couples to stay in. Lodge had fishing equipment for all of us to use or to borrow and take to the near by lake for the day. Staff John and Jennifer, cooked us an amazing dinner one night! Thank you for making our vacation to Alaska so perfect!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Just finished a week long stay at Orca lodge with my oldest son and what can I say, it was amazing. John and Jennifer the managers were the most amazing hosts. Every night they had a gathering around a small fire and all the guests would come. They cooked salmon and halibut in ways we never heard of before... salmon bacon anyone? The cabins were clean, warm and inviting. The beds were very comfortable. The views were incredible. We had so many belly busting laughs as we sat with other guests having cold beverages around the fire telling stories. Would I ever go back there? In a New York minute! Thanks for the memories!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry E
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I took my 12-year-old son and 75-year-old father to Orca Lodge as a basecamp for a week of fishing and site seeing. I don't think we could have picked a better property for our excursion. Jen and John, the property managers, are two of the most authentically nice people I have ever met--we all clicked with them immediately.The cabins were clean, comfortable and well-equipped with everything you need for a housekeeping cabin. All the fishing gear is included and available as needed. jen was extremely helpful with last minute excursions. A little secret: Jen and John put nibbles every night--often locally caught fish cooked local style, which was a very thoughtful (and tastey) treat.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark_and_Demetra
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group and had a fantastic time!

The fishing was spectacular, we lucked out with the weather and the scenery was unbelievable.

Orca's private lodges are situated along the banks of the Keani river. The nearby woods provides some privacy, but it is a quick few minutes drive into town for food and gas. The lodges are a bit on the rustic side but have lots of room for friends and family along with a full kitchen for cooking up your catch of the day.

What really made the trip for us was the staff and service. John and Jennifer look after the lodge and will take care of any problem you have. If they can't answer your question (which is rare) they will find someone who can! They went above and beyond for us to make our stay unforgettable.

Make sure to take advantage of the gas grills and smoker (John and Jenn can help you out with recipes). The daily campfires were a great touch and we spent most nights around the fire telling stories and roasting s'mores.

There is also fishing gear to borrow if you want to head out and fish the "backyard".

Overall, I can't recommend this place enough. I plan on coming back with a group of friends/family every year if possible. Great for groups and families .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family