US$186
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$94
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

US$112
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$125
  • Pool
US$48
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hanting Express(Tianjin Anshandao)(Tianjin)(Great Value!)
US$22
Agoda.com
US$21
Trip.com
All reviewshorizon clubthe riverchi spaexecutive assistant manageran executive suitehotel is fantasticnice choicestayed nightshigh levelgreat gymsubway stationhome away from homeinternational standardsshopping mallancient culture streetcoffee machineswimming pool
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Shang many times since it opened two years ago. As a regular guest, always enjoyed it convenient location, nice room with a river view, and great food in Chinese restaurant. Business lounge is very nice with good food too.
Tried hotel spa this time, I highly recommend if you want to relax after a day.
However, one thing I would like to recommend that I think it's time to change room service menu. I order room service every time I stay, and I think I have tried all items expect kid's menu. Look forward to something new next time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Jens C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear NaomiShiiii,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Tianjin once again and thank you for being a fan. I am delighted to know that you have stayed with us many a time and find our location, guest rooms, and river views to be great. Thank you also for your great words about the food in Shang Palace and our Horizon Lounge. I am pleased to know you tried our CHI, The Spa and thanks for highly recommending the spa to others. Also,
thank you for the note about our in-room dining menu, in fact, we do have a plan to change soon, as of now our reinvigorated culinary team is working on amending our buffet in Café Yun, following this revamp will be changes to our la carte menus.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We came solely for the food. Peking duck at Shang Palace is a MUST! Do call to make a reservation or risk waiting between 50-60mins, and that is the shortest waiting time.

Food in general is affordable with a group and filling. After dinner, the lounge by the lobby offers a range of international cocktails not to mention a fairly extensive range of alcohol.

Desserts are by far one of the best by international standards. Music is good

Service is competitive by local standards.

A place we would always drop by when we visit.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Jens C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear SingaporeBtraveller,

I am delighted to know that you came to Shang Palace for the quality of our Peking Duck! Our ducks are hung to roast in a wood-fired brick oven; a method that dates back 150 years and ensures that moisture and aromatic flavours get captured beneath their crispy skin. Overseeing our duck team is our corporate duck chef, based in Beijing who makes regular trips to our hotel to check on the quality of our product.

I am delighted you enjoyed the food at Shang Palace, and I thank you for the accolade about our desserts. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our Lobby Lounge; please email me at jens.corder@shangri-la.com so that I may share with you future activities in our Lobby Lounge.

Thank you for your review and we all look forward to having you back with us again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Very good English. Rooms and bed excellent. Breakfast buffet top quality. Large swimming pool and gym, as well as open air tennis. On the river, and could go running as long as I wanted without hitting roads. I will be coming back to this hotel for sure!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Jens C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Tim S,

Thank you for your kind comments about my team, I am delighted to read that you found them to be very welcoming and helpful, traits that we aspire to always deliver. I am pleased you liked our guest rooms and especially our comfortable beds and bedding, and as well our other facilities such as gym, the large infinity pool, and tennis courts. And yes, our location on the river is ideal for walks or runs along the promenade. I am delighted that you liked that all important meal of the day, breakfast and that you will be coming back to stay with us again.

Tim S, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for recommending us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is at a level on par or above any Hilton or Marriott hotel I have stayed in, and I have been in quite a few. China is a very different place when compared with the U.S. Or EU and ending a day of work by returning to Shangri-la really takes the edge off, and helps one not to feel so far away from home. And the view from my 11th floor room is impressive. The next time I am traveling to China I will look for this hotel chain.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Jens C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Bryan B,
Thank for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Tianjin on your recent visit to China. I am delighted to read that you liked our hotel and brand and on future visits to China you plan to stay with Shangri-La Hotels. Thank you for a fantastic endorsement.
Glad to know you found returning to Shangri-La Tianjin after a hectic day made you ‘feel at home', a feeling we strive to create day-in-day-out for all our guests. I trust you found our location convenient, on the bank of the river, adjacent to the city center and many famous areas as well as the Riverview Place shopping mall.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Jens

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Can't fault this hotel. An oasis for the Westerner in what is otherwise a crazy, busy town. Rooms very comfortable and the central coffee area is comfortable, although the outside views are not really good. Service was excellent and the senior management are particularly attentive and speak excellent english.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Abujamin
Jens C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Abujamin,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for writing this review. Your feedback is conducive to maintaining a high standard of the hotel. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel an ‘oasis’ in an otherwise busy town, a sense of tranquility we strive to bring to all our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our Lobby Lounge for coffee, and yes the lounge overlooks a small pond and trees, but higher up from our guest rooms we have lovely river views. I am alo delighted to know you engaged with our senior managers during you stay.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again,