“Amazing retreat for a solo traveler; fun, luxurious, and relaxing!”
Review of Escape Haven Bali

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canggu
Escape Haven Bali
Ranked #1 of 315 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The retreat organizers are amazing at creating a fun and safe place
The property and location are very luxurious
The retreat attracted a really nice set of women; we are still in touch many months after
The retreat program is flexible, which is amazing

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ayah S

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I spent a lot of time researching where I wanted to go, and I was desperately hoping that this would look every bit as it does in the pictures.. It's the first time anywhere I've been has looked better!

You'll be made to be feel incredibly welcomed and cared for from the moment you land in the airport. The entire team take great pride in ensuring you're happy and most importantly, relaxed.

The food we had each day was delicious and very healthy. For me personally, I was amazed that I would enjoy foods that were so different to what I would ever have at home. The moment I returned, I swapped a lot of my regular ingredients for the foods that I enjoyed so much at the retreat. What makes it even easier, is that you get the recipes of all the dishes / breakfasts / desserts that were made for you throughout the week.

I went on the surfing programme and felt very apprehensive about doing something so out of character! I wondered if I would be too unfit (I never exercise!) and if I would hold up others in the group who may have more experience. I need not have worried as the Surf Instructors at Shift Division had everything covered. They made sure that everyone got equal tuition and specific feedback on what was needed to improve after each wave. I thought that I might be standing up on my board by the end of the week.. They had us standing up and catching (appropriate sized) waves in the first hour! These guys really know what they're doing.

The daily spa treatments were wonderful, and the perfect afternoon treat after surfing. The deep tissue massage was my personal favourite, it really aided the recovery of some rather tired muscles. A lot of other retreats offer unlimited spa treatments, but having had one spa treatment everyday, and on a couple of occasions two a day, I can confidently say that one per day is perfectly relaxing. (Something I never thought I would say)

I can't recommend a trip to Escape Haven enough. If you're on the fence about booking, just book! You won't regret it for a moment. I for one, will certainly be back! It was a wonderful, relaxing time and I've come away with a new passion, new lifestyle and new friends. What more could you want :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank AmyBee246
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I was so fortunate to do the Escape Haven Retreat for the second time, this time with my daughter.. this retreat is the perfect recipe for whatever you need.. we had 14 women from all over the world who are now our special tribe.. if you need to reset yourself, your life, just treat yourself, learn something new, eat amazing food and meet the most beautiful people this is for you.. most people come alone.. I wouldn’t recommend coming with anymore than one friend.. it’s the new friendship and sisterhood that make this so special..

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank jane228224
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I will never regret travelling to Bali, and to spend time at the gorgeous Escape Haven villa! Normally I don’t go back to places I’ve been before - and I had the pleasure to join EH in 2014 - but in this case I’ll make an exception... :)

The whole set up and backstory of EH is truly amazing. To be able to travel on my own, join a retreat with women I’ve never met before (women who all will be in my life from now!) and feel so safe and pampered; amazing!

Yoga is my interest, and Laura and Kin really challenged me on the mat - with very sweet and interesting converstation off the mat. And the shala, awesome space! :)

Great accomodation, service is the best I’ve experienced anywhere. The staff really takes care of you, in a very professional and friendly manner.

Food = yum!!! You’ll never go hungry or unsatisfied here, great selections for every meal (breakfast being my all time favourite).

And all the spa treatments... Lord! All the spa therapists are truly wonderful, and they tailor their practise to you and your body in a very good way. I wish they lived closer to me: no way can I find therapists of this caliber in Norway!

Would I go to Escape Haven for a 3rd time? No question about it, hell yeah!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank SussieAlaina
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Amazing people, incredible food and luxurious villas! My sister and I had a fantastic week and came away renewed. We stayed an extra arrival night onsite (loved the outdoor bath!) before moving to Villa 2 off-site. Wow! We loved the roof deck, private pool, and fresh fruit, bliss balls and infused water everyday. The quality of the yoga instruction and spa treatments were outstanding, but what really made EH special was the people. Every staff called us by name, filled special requests with a smile and the core staff got to know us as people. It was inspiring to meet women of all ages from all over the world pursuing a similar path to personal health and wellness. Will be back!

Room Tip: Villa 2 for privacy + luxury