“A quaint place with a great sunset”
Review of La Laguna

La Laguna
Ranked #25 of 264 Restaurants in Canggu
Reviewed 19 June 2016

A really nice beach front tapas bar. Not a great deal of vegetarian options, but what I ended up with was delicious. It an eclectic restaurant with cushions, fairy lights and other great outdoor spaces. Good music too...

There are newer reviews for La Laguna

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

After hearing about this place, raves after raves... A friend and I wanted to pass through yesterday for a drink and light meal during sunset. Upon arriving to the location, the host informs us that there is now a Rp. 150,000 minimum per person. If we agree on these terms, we have to then purchase/order before we can walk around.

My friend was taken aback as this rule is apparently new. Now Rp. 150,000 is not much ($11 to be exact) but I found it a little pretentious to add a minimum charge. What if I'm alone and wanted to just buy 1 drink (usually drinks in Bali are Rp 70,000 - 110,000).. So with this minimum I am obligated to buy 2 drinks. If I was not a drinker, but wanted a light meal... I am now forced to order a lot to reach my minimum.

Kind of annoyed, I just said "no thank you" and went to 707 Beach Berm instead (where there are no minimum and a great beach view)

1  Thank Freya S
Reviewed 18 June 2016

Breath taking venue and the decor sends shivers down your spine, it's that good (well done) but our evening was spoiled!!! 1) the waiter was struggling to manage our relatively simple orders - we stayed for 2 drinks and some nibbles at a time when they were 1/2 empty (post sunset and pre evening rush) 2) we booked an uber and when we went to get into the uber the "MAFIA" taxi squad at the front gate jumped into the taxi and stole the keys with a scuffel so making us scared and uncomfortable. And here is the icing on the cake - we were in a rush to get back as the baby sitter was booked for a few hours, we were then forced to take a taxi and guess what - THEY RUFUSED TO RUN THE METER (F you). As a modern and progressive venue with a good vibe that is off the beaten track and slightly out of town. You need to do something about the gorillas on the gate........for that reason alone we are not going back!!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2016

went with my boyfriend for late lunch. the service was a nightmare. delivered wrong food in poor condition. for the price i payed i was hoping for a nice experience but i was left disappointed.
the atmosphere is nice but thats pretty much the only good thing

1  Thank adisty2016
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Delicious spanish style food. The steak is slowed grilled. Wide selection of drinks. Very relaxing. Beach view. The services are very friendly, but quite slow. Lots of objects for photography. Surround sound music everywhere, even in the toilets and the wooden bridge heading to the beach. The beach is clean.