All reviews loei palace place to stay nice view two nights an upgrade nice hotel plenty of parking rooms are big and clean open foyer love this place night stay egg station wine bar fried eggs road trip standard hotel sun all day
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Very nice and big hotel compare to a small place like Loei. The hotel is clean and rooms are very nice. Staffs are very friendly and excellent vegetarian breakfast they had arranged as we were a group of 30 people,

Room Tip: Superior rooms on swimming pool side has great view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Have read some recent quite negative reviews about this hotel. All I can say is that I stayed there with my family over the recent new year long weekend and we were quite happy with all aspects of our stay.We had a'superior' room on the third floor with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. Both the bedroom and bathroom were very spacious, probably double the size of the average hotel room, clean and everything worked. Admittedly, the building, fixtures and fittings, are not now modern and the shower control took a little bit of care to achieve a comfortable temperature. There were no tea making facilities in the room which I feel that a four star hotel should have as standard.
The big plus for this hotel is its location and impressive huge lobby and atrium. Only a few minutes walk into the centre of town but nevertheless quiet with a large well cared for public garden directly behind the hotel.
We partook of the new years eve dinner which was buffet style. There was plenty of choice of both Thai and farang food and complimentary drinks and gifts. At 500 bht per head I thought it was reasonable value.
Without exception we found the staff friendly and helpful, most having some English.
In our room (and I guess in all rooms) there was a substantial well-produced book on the history and practice of Theravada Budhism in Thailand. I didn't have time to read it during our stay so asked at reception if it was possible to buy a copy. To my surprise and delight, I was given a copy free of charge; a nice gesture.
Breakfast was average but more than adequate. The swimming pool good and clean with no sign of the many local kids that some reviews have mentioned.
Overall, we were happy with the Loei Palace and thought it was fair value for money and would stay there again if visiting Loei.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 212ChrisS
Siwa T, General Manager at Loei Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for you comment and fair with the hotel, it's very mean to me and my team to approve our service to let all customers satisfaction and happy during stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family on a future visit.
Happy New Year again.
Yours sincerely

Siwa T.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

The General Manager Mr Sawi, has zero people skills and is unfriendly and does not know how to interact with guests. Amari group should be ashamed to have him in this position. We were shown a room with torn curtains, 1st impression BAD. No safes in the rooms. WiFi very slow. Same breakfast each day for 3 days. Chlorine in the pool burnt our eyes. Only 3 hangers in the rooms. Staff talk loud on the floors and walkie talkies on full volume. Building echos with staff and guests walking along floor corridors. No management visibility. Rooms are old and falling apart. Cleaning very bad. Dinner on the 31st was VERY POOR, street food would have been better. Reception and F/B staff needs serious training in service and customer care. Bill of wine was asked to pay during the meal. Upon check in we had a credit on our account, then the receptionist asked if we want to purchase wine/gifts as she cannot refund us, OR on our next visit! Pathetic hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. RYSZARD MAJEWSKI

Thank you for your reviewed and feedback, especially myself was not as expectations. I have no excused to accepted and improve myself for my career. Refer your email to me as you are General Manger somewhere, asked for upgrade the room, reduced the room during you checked in from 2 rooms to 1 room and cancelled dinner 2 persons on 31 Dec. because your sun not arrival under the hotel tight situation, of course we allowed you to do that without charge.
All you complaint have been shared to all my team to more active and prevent for next future customers.
I hope that you are not so far from Udonthani to Loei, as you are same as my career Please give me opportunity to welcome you again to show my profession to you. My email already with you, please contact to me any time.

Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Yours sincerely

Siwa T.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

The Loei Palace Hotel is recomended as a fourstar Hotel, but It has the standart of a threestar Hotel.
We've booked the Deluxeroom. The room was real spacey 65 Squaremeter, and it's has a balcony with treeview. The room is really ok. But the shower allways changes the temperature from hot to cold, when the cold is turned of it's getting hot again for maybe 30 seconds and getting cold again...
The Swimmingpool is ok and its placed on the first floor.
The breakfast is to our opinium not aceptable for a fourstar Hotel. Most threestar Hotels in Thailand provides better food.
The untasty ham swims in jot water and the saussages are from poor quality, so as Orangejuce and the other food in the Bain Maries. Only a little selection if food.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Typical medium-sized Thai provincial hotel, though with around 150 rooms still the largest and best hotel in Loei. More catering to Thai visitors and company meetings than to international tourists. Located in a kind of public park.
Very good value for money, our spacious junior suite came at a very good price. Furniture, however, is quite old and worn, and there was some dust in the corners and under the night table.
Room safe available. Corridors and walls as well as carpets in need of renovation.
Friendly staff, wi-fi worked ok. Has a swimming pool but no fitness center. Breakfast Thai style, but surprisingly good food at dinner in the restaurant Botun.
Altogether very good value for money but don't expect a Bangkok style modern hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo