“Must see in Vietnam”

Ranked #8 of 58 Outdoor Activities in Sapa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At TrekkingSapa, our best reward is your complete satisfaction. Throughout our 18 years in the industry, we have done everything possible to give our clients an unforgettable travel experience. Our service standards are high, and all of our efforts go toward meeting all of our clients’ travel needs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Sa Pa is a must see location of Vietnam.

Located in the north, wander around the small villages, see the stunning rice terraces, the colorfull ethnic cloths.

1  Thank mark t
"lao cai"
in 17 reviews
"catcat village"
in 4 reviews
"night train back to hanoi"
"nice tour"
"homestay family"
"two days"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Much has been written about this company and the tour itself, which we completely subscribe to. However, what makes me give this company a 5 star are additional things that are not part of the tour:
1) Hong. We have been interacting with Hong for about 2 months and explored a million different options for our family. He has been incredibly patient and accommodating.
2) Hong again. We have approached Hong for advises on other things in Vietnam that had nothing to do with this trip, including sorting our Taxi scam in Hanoi ( nothing to do with him) and he helped us with an incredible responsiveness and kindness and accuracy
3) Hong number 3. Since we truly found in him someone who honors the spirit of tourism and hospitality of his country, we decided to support him with a pile of detailed feedback and ideas on how to make this trip a six stars. His reaction has been incredibly positive and grateful. A truly mature business man who puts his customers and his employees first.
4) the guides ( sorry Hong, no number 4 for you :-) . The ladies in Sapa run the economy and are taking this strip of land to the higher levels of international tourism, well done!
... everything else that has already been said ...

Nicoletta and grateful family

TrekkingSapa, Public Relations Manager at Trekking Sapa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Steven-Nicole,
It's delightful to receive your marvellous evaluations on Trekking Sapa’s services. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your holiday to Sapa with our local team. We thank you again for your highlights of our exceptional services. Hong has been very happy. He smiles all the time since reading your comments. You really made his day & ours.
Again, thank you for travelling with us. Please recommend Trekking Sapa to your all your friends and family.
We look forward to welcoming you next trip in SE Asia. Please keep in touch.
All the very best to you,
Xuan

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I opted for the "5 star" option. The hotel was nice but the coordination between the driver, guide, hotel, and overall manager was not very good.

When I called the office to ask a question before the trek, they were quite curt. The driver could not answer any questions. The guide was not at the hotel when we arrived and the hotel had no idea of our itinerary. We were ready for lunch and wanted to know what was happening.

We should have been given trekking routes and options for the 2 days we were there. We also had to wait an hour for our van to arrive at the hotel for return to Hanoi.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Hello to whoever is reading this, if your uneasy give this a flick through trust me.

I’m 21, from Australia, never been to Vietnam. Had no idea what to expect but I put faith and good vibes into booking this tour.

I applied for quotes with multiple companies, Hong from trekking sapa was the quickest to reply.

I will not lie, I had my suspicions as any first time traveller would, Hong was patient, efficient and willing to answer any question I had and in a very timely manner.

I still was nervous not knowing what to expect, Hong himself came to our hotel with his wife, briefed us of all details the night of our sleeper train and escorted us to the station and ensured we got on safely.

Waiting for us was our tour guide. We lucked out big time! We had an amazing guide called ‘Ngoc’ and he truly showed us the full sapa experience. We had our own private car with driver which took us from Lao Cai into Sapa and whenever we required transport.

Ngoc not only took us on amazing treks, but we went off-road aswell, through buffalo trails, through villages and rice terraces, up and down mountains and we experienced the true authentic culture of Vietnam, it blew my mind.

We trekked about 12-15km each day but we were quite agile and willing to go the distance cause we loved it so so much.

Not only did we trek we ate and ate and ate, received education on the Black H’Mong and Red Dzao tribes and experience their houses day to day living and workshops. Our guide also took us to local schools where we got to mingle with children. Might I highlight none of the above was in the tour itinerary, our tour guide just wanted to make sure we had a great time.

Sapa truly is a magical place, we got to see and do so much in 3 days, and I wanted to go out of my way to write this review so that Trekking Sapa can give themselves a pat on the back.

Thankyou so much I had an unforgettable time and will be forever greatful.

- Jacob

TrekkingSapa, Public Relations Manager at Trekking Sapa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello Jacob,
Thank you for sharing your most pleasant experience of your dealings with Trekking Sapa with the TripAdvisor community. We highly appreciated & grateful about the highlight on our exceptionally service and the fantastic trekking experience.
Hong, Ngoc and all staffs in our team are very happy to be of assistance to you in having an authentic trek and a wonderful time in Sapa.
We look forward to assisting you for your next trip in Asia. Thank you very much again for this review.
Xuan

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

All of you please take note, always be the first pax to be on the car or else you all will end up like me to sit at the front seats with my friend just right besides the driver. Other passenger will be sitting comfortable at the back seats. This is what the trekking sapa arrangement I have gone through. What a bad experience for a start. The journey need to take around 4-5hours, I will advise if in this case is better we take a bus rather to pay such a high price to this luxury minivan. I took almost an hour to complain to Ngah (the trekking sapa agent that I deal with before) giving me explanation of due to Tet Festival the luxury minivan was fully booked. I have deal with the trekking sapa agent and highlighted to them I want a Luxury minivan. A luxury minivan means I can sit more comfortable than a bus but not squeezing me and my friend at the front seats. The luxury minivan should not lie to the tourist. The arrangement from trekking sapa should not allow passenger who pay such price to sit at the front seats. Just because I miss to be the first passenger in this luxury minivan? All of you please take note, or else it really ruin your mood and having the whole body aching for the entire trips. At last, they manage to talk to that driver to ask others passenger to change with us. I guess that is his 3 girlfriend who wanted to go back their hometown near sapa. They are local Vietnam teenagers. After an hour complaining and I demand to go back to my hotel, manage to change my seats and sleep flat at the last row. Please don’t let them cheat on what you have paid. The descriptions was not true. They just find their way to earn money and make a fool to the tourist. Bad experience!

TrekkingSapa, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Trekking Sapa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Cindywpp3131,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do apologized for the bad experience with the luxury van to Sapa. What ashamed for us to be in such situation after full of efforts! Knowing that “first come, first serve” then when you missed to be the first ones due to late breakfast, it was difficult to stop others to be. Then when we found you not comfortable on the front seats, we managed to change. But that already made impositive impression, we would recall this not to repeat ever for future clients. Please contact us for any further improvements/suggestions. We highly appreciate and are grateful a lot.
Thank you very much.