“EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE”

Faridas Cafe Bar Restaurant & Icecream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Orewa
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I am an Orewa local and I keep coming back. The Michelin Star Chef just keeps on producing fantastically tasty food. The meat portions are beautifully cooked (the beef cheeks are one of my favourites and just melt in your mouth) and as for the vegetables WOW - so many times, restaurants get the meat right but disappoint with overcooking vegetables and not making them interesting - well not here - they are superb. The staff are professional and courteous and can always answer my questions about the menu and winelist. Have I mentioned the desserts? truely delicious.......in fact my mouth is watering writing this so I am going to phone them right now and book a table. Bon Appetit

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We went here for a bit of a treat as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. We both had the vegetarian option - Fusilli Vegetariano, one of the starters was also offered as a main but we chose the pasta option instead.
Our meals arrived quickly and were nice and hot. Crispy vegetables throughout and a light, subtle but sophisticated sauce. Surprisingly filling.
All in all simple, but very nice and well prepared.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Eleven of us celebrated my mothers birthday with beautiful tasty potato and leek soup with toasted bread. We finished off with cake and coffee. We were served by a lovely young lady and we were all very happy with our choice of venue and food. Lovely to be able to view the sea from our table. Thank you for your hospitality.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Four of us went there last night. All had a different main none of us could fault it.
Great waitress great service and stunning food.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

They were busy, and most staff gave excellent service. Very obvious a new school pupil serving, (took my order), didn't ask how I wanted my steak cooked. The portions were rediculously huge and not much thought to presentation. However the food was very tasty. There is huge potential to make this one of the best restaurants in orewa. The prices were good and menu catered for all diners. Presentation of food..... Requires urgent attention to ensure success!