Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$153
View deal
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

This inn is located 2 blocks off the main commercial street in the quant town of Talkeetna near the river. Front desk is only staffed for 12 hours daily; late check in with the bartender at their adjacent lounge. Desk agent was very helpful. Rooms are reasonable size with microwave, refrigerator, water boiler, and DISH TV. Digital door locks but no deadbolt. Lighting inside the room a bit dim (2 bulbs out); no desk lamp. Shower/tub had 2 large bottles of shampoo and body wash (bulk containers, not single use or wall mounted pumps). Foam earplugs were a cute touch but not needed. Restaurants, pubs and shops within easy walking distance, as well as a National Park Service Ranger Station across the street. Not a resort but perfectly adequate for a short stay.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Pros :-

Handy for town which is a short walk away
Very friendly reception/staff
Clean room with fridge and microwave
Right on the river so views of Denali close if the clouds allow (which isn’t all the time, to say the least)

Cons:-
I saw a previous review which said OK for one night but probably not more with which I have to agree wholeheartedly. I had the worst night’s sleep as I haven’t had to sleep in such a small single bed since I was a kid. Every time I turned over I had to rearrange the bedclothes as nothing would tuck in. The ‘blackout curtains’ would be fine if they were ‘flat’ but the folds meant that they stuck out from the windows, so that the light on the porch shines in and right down onto the pillow all night.

Room was pretty small. If ours was the ‘deluxe’ I don’t think I’d have been very happy with the ‘basic’

No wifi signal in our room at all.

Overall a nice little family owned hotel.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 17 August 2021

My family and I were only in town for one night on our way to Seward from Denali. The Inn was great!!! Very clean, walking distance from everything in town, maybe a little rustic in decor, but overall we loved it and would come back anytime!! The hostess was the nicest person and shuttled us back and forth from The Lodge to catch our next bus. Wifi was strong, updated fixtures in bathroom and even had fridge, microwave.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2021

The staff here is very friendly and welcoming. The Rooms are very clean and the property is beautiful. As mentioned in other reviews, the walls are quite thin so sound travels but they do provide earplugs in the room if that is an issue for you. It was pretty quiet after 9pm.
I was pleased with this lovely inn and it's staff and will be back.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 30 July 2021

When we travel, we like to stay at mom and pop places and this place fit the bill. Conveniently located with a short walk to downtown. Right price. Clean room and comfy bed. Family room with a queen and twin was perfect and roomy. Had a good night's sleep. Wish I had stepped into the bar/pool hall. Had our own yogurt in our room but front desk did have offerings to microwave for meals/snacks. Hostess was very welcoming and was available with a knock on the door next to ours if we needed. Once we awakened in the morning, we realized why there were earplugs supplied in a basket in our room as we could hear the man snoring next door the other way--didn't disturb our sleep as we were exhausted from travel. Left for an early morning flight checkin so was told just to email when we left which I did but also called later to make sure they got the message. We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: July 2021