“More Fun than I was expecting”

D & S Alaskan Trail Rides
Reviewed 25 August 2015

After I booked this excursion wasn't sure how much fun it would be. One of the best excursions I have been on. They took us to a great scenic view of Mt. McKinley. It was amazing - the guides were very friendly & took as many pictures with our cameras as we wanted. Got to kiss a reindeer, had smores, had moose antlers put on our shoulders & had pics taken, got to pan for gold & then they laminated the gold flakes for us so we had a permanent keepsake. Loved everything about this.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

We had a variety of ages and abilities in our group and all enjoyed this ride. It was pouring which didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits. They got us rain gear and helmets and gave lots of information about the area. Easy ride, nice to get out into the woods for a while.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Wonderful ride through some very beautiful trails. We had three guides (front, middle and back) with riders as young as 9 and as old as 65+ with everyone having no issues. The scenery was amazing as well as the entertainment from Cowboy Matt (Matthew for short!). A must do while in Talkeetna....you won't regret it!

1  Thank TracynKatie
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Great ride with super friendly people. They had 2 guides, one in front and one in the back, the whole time. They narrated about the vegetation and gave us chances to stop and take pictures. They even took photos with our camera of the whole family. They were chatty and knowledgeable. My young daughter loved it. Its a great way to take in nature.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

I echo the positive comments made by Amy and Gabrielle, and found the ride to be easy, beautiful, and peaceful during a rather hectic 2-week vacation to Alaska. The guides gave us a very good introduction to riding and away we went, up a gorgeous hill loaded with springtime flowers, green foliage and tall trees dripping with cool mist. My horse was perfectly calm and well-trained, so I wasn't afraid. I have a bad back but didn't feel pain, which surprised me, and later felt fine. And I didn't feel pressured to buy the photos, which I did anyway. A lovely outing with fabulous scenery and very nice people. I would certainly do it again.