Lowest prices for your stay
US$1,195
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$1,190
PricelineUS$1,190
Destinia.comUS$1,370
2,946 results
All reviews reef restaurant bubbles bar diamond bungalow diamond otemanu le corail our honeymoon sting ray feeding fish main island ambassador membership meal plan french polynesia tea room living room walk in closet breakfast and dinner golf cart
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is one of the best resorts on earth. This is the place that dreams are made of.

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this resort from May 15th - 26th. During our 11 day stay, we were happy to call the Villa Teremoana (one of four overwater villas at the resort that includes a pool and big terrace) our home in Bora Bora. The Villa has some of the most beautiful views in Bora Bora.

From the moment we arrived at the resort, we were warmly greeted by Axelle, the Guest Relations Manager. Axelle is one of the best hotel managers we have encountered in our travels. She is warm, friendly, funny, and will go above and beyond to ensure your needs are met - from reserving a table at one of the hotel restaurants for dinner, to getting you detailed information about a tattoo artist in the island and the services he offers. Axelle is a great asset to the resort and can be counted on to get things done.

While Bora Bora has the reputation of being one of the most beautiful natural places on earth (and trust me when I say that pictures don’t even do it justice), we were also glad to discover that the locals are some of the most friendliest and kindest people we have met.

On the day we arrived at the resort, we had the pleasure of meeting Hannah. Hannah is a bar attendant who has worked at the resort for 8 years. She was one of the first people that greeted us as we settled down on the hotel beach after 15 hours of air travel. Hannah greeted us with such warmth and kindness that we felt we had arrived home. Aside from bringing us some delicious drinks, she taught us our first words in Tahitian - maururu (thank you) and manuia (cheers). We instantly clicked with her and became friends.

The staff at this resort is unlike anything else we have seen - everyone at the resort is there to make you feel at home. From the guys who cut the grass who kindly offered us fresh cut coconuts, the ladies that clean the rooms with a smile, the front desk staff who is blessed to have Marco as one its agents (Marco is hands down one of the best front desk agents we have encountered), to the lovely staff at the restaurants.

I would like to recognize the work of Teri and Vainui who work at the restaurant during breakfast. Teri and Vainui are two of the best waiters you will come across. They became our go to waiters for breakfast. Teri even practiced her Spanish with us during breakfast.

To say that we will miss the staff at the resort is an understatement. They made us feel at home every minute of our stay.

We will also meet the views of Mount Otemanu, the beautiful mountain right in front of the resort, and the beautiful water of Bora Bora.

We highly recommend this resort to everyone planning a trip to Bora Bora.

Nana!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Valérie GACHON, Propriétaire at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear E2894MSadriang, Sunny Greetings from Bora Bora

What a wonderful way to start the day! Thank you very much for your comment! Your global appreciation is detailed and will certainly help the TripAdvisor community.
We are delighted you experienced an exemplary customer service, especially as the team strives to exceed every guest's expectations. It is with pleasure and pride that we shall address our thanks to our dedicated staff, who strive to provide an exceptional guest experience. We will of course extend your warm words to those you mentionned!

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments.
We look forward to have the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Valérie

Valérie Gachon, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2021

This was our second trip to the IC Thalasso and it was even better than our first time! This time we decided to go all out and stay in the Villa Teremoana (formerly known as the Brando Suite)! What a fabulous suite! We had the most gorgeous, full on view of Mt. Otemanu! Everyday we would just on the huge deck and stare out at the many different blues of the water and that beautiful mountain.

We were greeted at the main dock by Axelle, who welcomed us back with a huge smile! I must say, Axelle made our trip all the more special....she is amazing. Nothing we asked of her was to big or to small, and she went above and beyond. She is a major factor in this resorts success, and we so hope she is still there on our next visit!

We were there for a week mid-end January. We spent a week in Moorea and a week on Taha'a prior to our time on BB. We knew how fortunate we were to be traveling in the midst of this COVID pandemic, and we never felt anything but safe. The main restaurant (The Reef) is open for breakfast. Instead of its being buffet, we ordered off the menu. This made it safer, and also easier for them to not waste food. Dinners were at Sands. The first few nights of our stay we were 2 of only 8 guests on the property. After that I think it bumped up to a total of 12. We felt like we had the entire resort to ourselves! All of the staff called us by our names, and gave us the biggest, most genuine smiles when they saw us.

The spa was incredible! We love massages and we got some of the best ones while we were there! All of the gals were amazing!

We went during their low time, rainy season, and we had one night where it stormed a little bit and a couple of days with less than 2 minutes worth of light showers. Other than that, we had perfect weather!

I wish I remembered all of the staffs names, as they were all great and helped make our stay perfect! They are having a hard time with tourism being down, yet they always have the biggest smiles on their faces.

We will be back to this amazing resort for sure! There is no other resort in BB that we will even consider! I HIGHLY recommend the IC Thalsasso!

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank Debbie T
Christophe Maudet, Propriétaire at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Dear Debbie T, Sunny Greetings from Bora Bora

Thank you for your fantastic review regarding your stay at the InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa.
We really appreciate your feedback and We also would like to thank you for your loyalty. Our team is dedicated to providing our guests with an exceptional service and your words are the best reward.
All of us are delighted to learn that you have fully appreciated all the aspects of your stay and we heartily welcome your nice compliments as a fantastic reward. A special thanks to Axelle who was definitively your reference. We shall of course share your review with the whole team.

Thank you again for sharing your memories and recommendations with us, we look forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.

Reviewed 30 January 2021

We were two of only 12 people staying at this lush, luxurious, beautiful, peaceful, Shangri-La of a resort. We felt a real sense of schadenfreude, knowing that we were so privileged, so fortunate to enjoy this experience, this beauty peace and solitude while so many hotels are just struggling to stay open, and so many employees are struggling to keep their jobs. We did not deserve this, but that did not stop us from enjoying it to the maximum.
We were met at the airport by Mervin, an immensely powerful and kind man, who took us by speedboat to the resort's dock. It is a fairly long ride, passing the St. Regis and the Four Seasons and showing the different views of Mt. Otemanu that each resort has. They are all good, but the view from the IBBR is the best, a lone sentinel looking like it is about to launch into the sky.
We were met at the dock by a young man welcoming us with rich tones from a conch shell, and Marco who registered us, explained to us how our bungalow was chosen for us, and then gave us a tour of the property on the way to bringing us to our bungalow.
The bungalow, number 220, is magnificent - a bedroom with a king bed facing a picture window looking at Mt. Otemanu, and a door leading to the outside patio. The bedroom connects to a walk-in closet and a bathroom with great shower and double sinks. In the other direction is the living room with a glass table over the floor, whose top can be moved so you can feed fish right under you. The living room has the main glass doors to the patio which can be opened so wide, it is as if the living room has the patio as an extension. The minibar refrigerator is kept unstacked because of Covid, but is quite cold. We got a large silver bucket of ice, which kept its ice for many days, sitting in the refrigerator. The espresso maker is compact and efficient.
Just two of the resorts restaurants are open, "The Reef" for breakfast and "The Sands" for dinner, as well as "Bubbles" bar for happy hour. Breakfast was fantastic with best soft scrambled eggs ever, fantastic French toast, great mango slices and almond croissants. Dinner was excellent with traditional Tahitian "Poisson Cru" and French Onion Soup as delicious standouts.
The resort has a "lagoonarium," where they are working hard to grow new coral, and many fish can be found for snorkeling Fins are not allowed in the "lagoonarium" because they can damage the delicate coral, but they are really not needed. There is very little coral in the main lagoon outside the bungalows, so snorkeling to see fish there is general unsuccessful, though we did see the occasional box fish, sting ray and eagle ray.
Kayaks and paddle boards are available for free use, and great fun in the calm lagoon. Walking to the east side of the moth to see the barrier reef, the ocean crashing against the reef, and the islands of Raitea, Taha'a and Little Vanila is a must.
We were there during low season which is the rainy season. We had a short period of rain on two days and a major thunderstorm that lasted about four hours on one of the days. Even that was thrilling because of the booming bass drum sound of the literally rolling thunder, the ferocity of the winds and the torrential downpour. The resort provided rides in curtained carts during that time.
Connections for our ride back to the airport were very prompt and smooth. All of the staff is terrific, and I wish had written all their names, because my memory for Tahitian names is poor. I do remember Vainui at breakfast who was so kind, so efficient, we wanted to take her home with us.
All in all, this was a week in paradise. It almost seems like a dream - a dream that I will strive to remember.

Room tip: Room 220 looking directly at Mt. Otemanu
Date of stay: January 2021
4  Thank Michael K
Christophe Maudet, Propriétaire at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Dear Mickael K, Sunny Greetings from Bora Bora

Our bungalows are all designed for the wellness of our guests with some special features: the glass bottom coffee table, the private pontoon to swim into the lagoon, the bath just next to a window to enjoy the beautiful view… and so much more!

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Where do I begin? First of all, beginning at its’ sister resort, I should have known there were going to be problems. I had communicated by email 6 times prior to our stay about parking. I was told in 6 different emails that I could park a rental car at their sister property. When I arrived at the sister property, I was told I could not park there. After much prodding the front desk person reluctantly allowed us to park our rental car. We walked to the area to catch our boat to our resort. None of the crew of the boat spoke to us nor did they seem friendly. When approaching the property, I began to have grave concerns. The bungalows appeared run down and dilapidated from the water. When we got to the reception we were greeted by another not friendly staff member, Marco. He was not engaging at all. I shared my concerns about how the bungalows appeared from the water, and nothing was said. He just immediately asked for our passports and credit card. No asking how our boat was, how we were liking Bora Bora, nothing. He did offer us tea and a hand clothe as we waited. I shared again that I was concerned that I had paid $1200 a night for what looked to be an outdated, unkept, poorly cared for property. He said nothing. We were whisked away for the property tour and to be taken to our over the water bungalow. The grounds were not taken care of. The landscaping had not been cared for in decades it appeared. Everything was just dumpy looking. It looked like a super 8 or motel 6 property, not a $1200 a night 5 star resort. I was appalled. The decking was dry rotted and appeared dingy looking. Rust exuded from the steel pillars and underlings of the bungalows. Everything was just in dire need of TLC and renovations. When we got into the bungalow, it looked like we had entered a set of a 1970’s sitcom. The wood furniture and flooring were badly marred with scrapes and cuts as well as discolorations in the finishes. The furniture was extremely dated as well. The couch was like sitting on cement blocks covered with burlap sacks. The bedding was horrible. The sheets were the worst quality I’ve ever felt. Walmart has better sheets than this resort. They were stiff and scratchy, but not nearly as bad as the bath towels and washcloths. The bathroom linens were like sandpaper. I don’t even know where they would have found such horrendous bed and bath linens. I have never seen such poor products. When we called for extra blankets as in this “5 star” resort bungalow there were none, we were brought nubby blankets that have quit being sold in the US years ago to the flammability. Literally, they also looked like they were from the 1970’s. The deck and dock of the bungalow was like all the other wood decking-aging and rotting. The ladder for the platform was rusting. I called the front desk, asked for Marci the person who checked us in and knew I was on the verge of crying as I was so disappointed and exasperated by the fact that an IHG property was in such horrible condition, I was told he had went home. I was told Christophe, the assistant manager would call me. Almost two hours later we were settled in a different bungalow as there was black mold growing in the 1970’s green tile shower. Christophe said the property had been renovated in 2018. I said guests must have destroyed the wood furniture and property from the looks of it. He later clarified that the furniture had been taken out and refurbished. He said the owner wanted to preserve the Polynesian style which is crazy because we stayed in another resort with new furniture that also had the same Polynesian feel, it just wasn’t from the 1970’s. Time and time again I stated I was not happy with the room Christophe never once asked me what he could do to make me happy nor did he apologize for the misgivings about the property, the website is false advertising. What is on the website has been edited to look nice. It is not how the property looks in person. The kayaks were very old and I did not see paddle boards. The property is large and no bikes or scooters are available for guests. The tennis court needs renovated. The food is expensive and poor quality. As vegans we needed to have modifications, and we were charged as if we were eating the regular menu items. No one ever checked to see if we were happy or needed anything throughout our 2 day stay. We were not treated nice by anyone except the housekeeping staff and a really nice hostess/waitress. I love the IHG brand, and this property should not be carrying the logo. It is a 2-3 star property at best. It has the best location a resort can have, yet there’s been no TLC given to the property. I can’t even venture a guess why the staff who are working the reception are there; they did not seem hospitable at all. Book the Conrad, the St. Regis, or the Four Seasons. This IHG is more expensive than the Conrad or the St. Regis and it’s basically a dump. Thank goodness we had nice housekeeping and the nice hostess. Two nice qualities of the resort!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SabrinaDMorris
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Hi SabrinaDMorris,

Thank you for making us part of your visit. We strive to offer luxury travel as it should be amidst this pandemic crisis. I understand that your recent experience at our InterContinental hotel Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa was not as satisfactory as expected.

Our team would like to assure you that your thoughts about our service lapses are heard. We would like to gather more details to communicate this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate email and hope you respond soon.

Pleasure once again to host your visit and we hope you will give us another chance to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

All the best,

Alice P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 December 2020

Stayed there for a couple of nights and all was sublime!

The food was excellent (in room service staff was particularly outstanding), and the service even better. Went to the gym everyday and never saw another soul.

The overwater bungalow was cosy and spacious. The outdoor lounge patio was terrific and the access to the lagoon waters so easy!

We loved everything! The property has been well kept over the years and I'll go back there with confidence and excitement!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Gil1111
Christophe Maudet, Propriétaire at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Dear Gil1111, Sunny greetings from Bora Bora

Is there a better way to start the day than reading your review? I think there is not! We would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to write this amazing review here.
We are glad to hear that you managed to discover the delicious food prepared by our culinary team.
We are delighted to learn you enjoyed the room service. We strive to provide the best dining experience, no matter if our guests want to eat in the restaurants or in their room. We are happy we succeeded in delighting your taste.