1,716 results
All reviews diving center animation team fire show palm umbrellas club dance choose this hotel nice hotel meat and fish long pier nice beach evening program coral reef aqua gym gardens are beautiful amazing holiday makadi bay nice animation
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Rested with her husband in this hotel the sea is very beautiful, the food is average but the hotel is not a high level we were happy. Service good. Diving center is super. The room has a good bed and slept well. But the animation team is full of horror. Shows or bad things are not clear or there is none at all. When we wanted to play volleyball or boccia during the day, the aniators asked us for 5 euros. When my husband was coming from the beach, a girl from the children's club, Menna, suggested that he spend an intimate time with her for 10 euros in the toilet of the children's club - it's just an insult. And when I asked Luke to send me a song of Yar Yar on the flash drive, he asked me for 10 euros. The rest was spoiled by a team of animators.

Room Tip: lived in a nice room ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ElphistoneResort, Manager at Elphistone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest
Thank you very much for taking time to write such a great comment. We are glad to know that our hotel has met your expectations and we succeeded in providing a comfortable stay for you and the others.

Concerning the animation team and their bad behave, we already fired the whole team, and we have now a new animation team, they are more professional with good behave.

Elphistone management and staff members are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in your next holiday.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We had an awesome time at this hotel, the rooms were well kept and cleaned every day. The all inclusive option worked very well plenty of drinks all day long. The best thing about the hotel was the entertainment, they are AMAZING!! The entertainment manager Luka and his whole team made us so very welcome (they staged a different show every night plus loads of fun during the day also). If your looking for a good hotel with FANTASTIC ENTERTAINMENT this is the hotel for you!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
ElphistoneResort, Manager at Elphistone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment, and will do our best to make you more satisfied, we are waiting to see you again, we are appreciating your recommendation

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I really love personal and animators love chu Menna, Luka, jamica,Joe and Laura :33 sea is really beautiful and food is good. I love their cats!
Personál je velice všímavý a určitě se sem ráda vrátím :3

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ElphistoneResort, Manager at Elphistone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment , and hope to see you again in your next holiday.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This was my first time having an All inclusive holiday. and i have to say that it was really nice and kind of a family environment. it wasnt crowded so it was a really relaxing holiday. Most of the stuff and service team speaks different languages, so you don´t have to be stressed up if you can´t speak english.

The animation team did a really good job. We arent really a group wanted to have a lot of activities, but the animation team catched us up without pushing and we had a lot of fun with each others. i´m very touched to met a Person like Dasha. Nice and honest Person.
And Vegas allways smiling.
And for sure the others like Joe, Menna, Igor and Luka really friendly persons.

The reef is amazing and the beach is sand. so you can have a good snorkling Adventure and go for Swimming as well.

All stuff is really smiling, and friendly persons.

Room Tip: we had a Bungalow nice to sit and balcony and looking at the beach. the Aircon was a Little bit loud.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment , and be sure that, will keep improving the hotel facilities and activities

Reviewed 28 November 2017

If you go to the same hotel in Egypt for couple of times, you are usually disappointed with each next time, as with deepening crises and indiscriminative application of All Inclusive system these hotels inevitably declines. Not always though. Half a year ago I went with my friends to Elphistone hotel for a first time and was not particularly impressed. My previous review reflected this partial dissatisfaction. But because of the diving center we gave it a second chance.
At first I was really angry at myself as the rooms we were initially issued were probably the worst I saw for a long time. I thought that this voyage was ultimately ruined but Waleid at reception saved the day. Or rather next 11 days. As it turned out the hotel had been short on rooms, nonetheless the next day we were given three new rooms which for this hotel’s value are well above average.
Other major improvement is the buffet. Times of feeding crowd with one tuna can is thankfully over. BBQ is great and tasty and pasta chef doing a great job. Again coming back to value/quality issue it is fairly adequate.
To be short: I would recommend Elphistone hotel due to improving service, money/quality value, and great house reef. The next part of this review is rather for hotel management to which I am thankful for their job.
Recently and understandably it is rare occasion in Egypt but Elphistone hotel is getting better. Being positively surprised, I decided to give these advices to the hotel management how they can continue to keep up with making Elphistone hotel a better place. Please look at it as to opportunities.
1. Rooms. There is no hotel in the world whereby all rooms are good. It has been some time since Elphistone hotel has been built so there are good rooms and bad rooms. And its not about sea view, or complimentary stuff, its about basics. Guys, if you cant make room 4-star qualified, don’t show it to anyone. The building’s “E” third floor (second floor for you my beloved British readers) should be restored or closed altogether with “enter on your own risk” sign. The difference between good rooms and “not so good” rooms can not be drastic; it’s the same hotel in the end.
2. Small stuff. Elphistone hotel has been blessed with good and organized territory (and more so with the house reef), however it will not maintain itself. Bad beach chair here, missing light bulb there, cracked this or broken that – it does not cost as much money as it ultimately ruins the impression. Take for example entry gates, about 2/3 of decoration lights are out. It is not only the local people that are passing by, there are tens of hotels along the road, their guests are moving to tours, shopping etc – each time they see this gate what impression they have? Probably they will think that it is good that they choose another place. First impression is still important, why not make it better?
3. Beach bar and snacks. Or rather their absence. Beach bar is definitely place to improve and as many people only come to Egypt to spend most of the time on the beach it makes this bar is one of the key-criteria for them to come back. And bad snacks are worse than no snacks at all. This is probably expensive but it will worth to make a difference here: the beach bar and snacks has to be reinvented in Elphistone hotel.
4. Ice-cream. You don’t need to have fancy expensive ice-cream, just do what everybody else does: put these 4 Nestle flavors available for couple of hours a day and your hotel will be a much happier place. It doesn't cost a fortune. For 2 weeks I saw an Ice cream only once during dinner. Unforgivable.
5. Lunch boxes. Not as important like in Hurghada or Sharm where they transfer tourists in big buses and people can compare hotels by comparing their lunch boxes. But still you can make better impression by putting good stuff in it. Also stop putting that food in rooms for newcomers who missed their dinner. What we found was really scary, better just put some fruits or candy bar.
6. Jetty. House reef is one of the points why people do choose this hotel, so it was really nice to put new stairs there. Though it shouldn’t have taken a week. Next time bring 10 soldiers instead of an engineer and they will do it in a day. Nonetheless end part of the jetty should have more tents, lights and be cleaner.
7. Buffet. It is already a better place, however it can be even more so if there will be more of longer tables for groups. Also absence of dietary products is disturbing.
8. Soft drinks. It was a first time in 10 years coming to Egypt I saw and tasted local brand of cola. Thank you for the experience, however we could have skipped it for usual Coke or Pepsi. I understand that it is price issue, but really Coke isn’t that expensive in Egypt.
And once again, thanks for good time and I hope that the next one will be even better!

Room Tip: Building "I" is quite OK
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyNagorny

Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great comment and the important recommended points.
Also kindly be informed that, we are in process right now to maintain and renovate the hotel rooms, public areas adding values to the hotel facilities
We promise to put in our consideration, each point of the recommended points in your review.