“Best hospitality in Alaska!!!”
Review of Border City Cafe

Border City Cafe
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Tok
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone: 907-774-7705http://www.karo-ent.com/border.htmzip code 99780
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I made the long drive from California to work as a raft guide for my second season in Denali park and managed to make it to Alaska barely. My transfer case began having major issues as I stopped to get a cold drink my first stop in Alaska after crossing the border a few short miles back.

The guys who run the lodge were absolutely awesome Carlos and his cousin helped me out with what they could mechanically but turns out a blown transfer case isn't a roadside fix exactly.

They were nice enough to put up with me for about two days making amazing food breakfast lunch and dinner. Carlos is quite the chef definitely top notch. These guys will literally go outta there way to help you if they can. They have rooms and showers which I only took advantage of the shower since I had grown used to truck camping on my drive but they were also booked up at the time.

What a great place all the way around couldn't have asked for a better place to break down if I had to in the middle of nowhere Alaska. I will never pass this place without stopping guaranteed.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The is an awesome lodge near the Canadian border. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful and assisted me with tire problems late at night while I was traveling alone with three young kids. They really helped us out and I couldn't thank them enough. We stayed the night and our room was spacious and clean. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. It is a great place to spend the first night in Alaska.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I stayed for one night during my bike trip in Alaska. Very convenient, juste close to the Canadian Frontier (5km) with all services at the same place. People working there are perfectly welcoming and will care about your well being. Nice rooms made of wood and massage shower. Tasty french fries and burger for dinner. I recommend to have a stop there !

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I met came across this awesome place as I was cycling into Canada almost a week ago today. I had no money for a room and only went in for a bite to eat. What came from this experience is probably one of the nicest memories of my life. An incredible father son team who's hospitality knows no boundaries. They went above and beyond to help me out and were simply unreal company. I could not have been luckier to stumble on this place and meet these two amazing owners with huge hearts.

The place itself offers stunning and comfortable rooms and the food is simple but awesome. The scenery behind the place is breath taking and if you're lucky, you'll be treated to unbeatable views of the northern lights too.

To Carlos and his dad, I say thank you for helping me out and providing me with and unbeatable experience that will live with me for years to come. All the best for the future and I hope our paths cross again one day.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

When getting a late start heading back from Fairbanks to the continental U.S., we wanted to get close to the Canadian border before stopping for the night. Although Border City Lodge was listed in the Milepost and there were a few reviews on TripAdvisor, we didn't have much else to go on. We called ahead, there were rooms available, so we decided to stop there for the night. The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen had already closed for the day, but there was soup available, and it was really tasty. The room was our cheapest accommodation during our six-week drive, but it was clean and comfortable. The one television channel kept going out and the Wi-Fi was slow, but again, the price was appropriate and the motel is pet friendly, which we needed.

1  Thank BReall