The Gardens At Mile High Ranch
TripAdvisor
Audrey's Inn(Bisbee)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall fridgeb bmassage servicepleasant place to staysouthern azvisiting bisbeebed was comfortablecoffee makerstayed two nightsseparate bedroomin towna wonderful staywe've stayedmaggietrinityunitsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We enjoyed staying here. Our room was cute and quiet. There was a mason jar of high-quality ground coffee to use in the coffee maker--pretty nice compared to the cheap coffee at most other motels.

The motel's website claims that they have "three acres of lush gardens." This is false advertising. Apparently they do have three acres of land, but most of it is weedy desert scrub on a steep, inaccessible hillside behind the property. They have a small vegetable garden, about twenty feet by ten, which isn't especially attractive or lush. Otherwise the grounds consist of an expanse of dry mowed grass with some parking spaces, a few trees, and a picnic shelter around the edge. So don't go there expecting to wander through acres of lush gardens, as I had hoped to based on their website. But despite that, it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

The greenery you see on our website is from Spring to Fall. For some reason the leaves always fall off the trees and the grass turns yellow due to Winter. We have tried glue and spray paint for the grass, but gave up on that several years ago. Also, the javelinas barged into our fenced in area and ate up all our kale... bummer. Please guests, if you have any questions about our place please come up and ask first, and try not to be the super detectives while on a review site.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last night. I had tried several motels and they were all booked. I saw that this place was rated really high and the price was very reasonable so I booked 2 rooms. The following day I missed 2 phone calls from them.?. I listen to my message and they need to know when we will arrive.?. I call them back and explain that we are on motorcycles and it's hard to know exact time but I told her our ETA. We pulled into Bisbee at 6 pm and drove to the "ranch" via our Google maps. But we had a hard time finding the entrance as it is very dimly lit and poor signage. When we pulled in we couldn't even find the office as nothing is marked. A nice lady came around the corner and greeted us. She showed us our rooms and then took the 2 men to pay for the rooms. But they didn't go to an office, they stood outside on the step in the dark until she was ready to take their credit cards then did so in a tiny room. Very unusual set up. We travel a lot and rely on Trip advisor for recommendations, but this rating really has me stumped ? . So here are my pros and cons. Pros: very pleasant owner, reasonably priced, quiet location. Cons: rooms in need of a good cleaning, doghair all over our couch, shower floor filthy, centipede found in room, dim & dark surroundings. I am not trying to offend the owner , but I do believe in honest reviews.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Unfortunately, hotel owners do not have the ability to review their customers.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Great place, very peaceful, comfortable, and pet friendly. Pet fee is only $5 per night, much less than any other place we contacted in Bisbee. it's only about a mile from the downtown, and one could walk there. We've stayed here twice now and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. Just don't expect a "groomed" place like a Hilton. If you have a dog, don't even think about other places in Bisbee. Here not only is your dog welcome but there are areas to walk the dog too.

Room Tip: all rooms should be fine for guests.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for sharing about our dog friendly fun place to stay!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We LOVED our experience at The Gardens at Mile High Ranch. This was our first time visiting Bisbee. We read many reviews on staying here and we are so glad we did. Our stay was very quaint, quiet, and private. We stayed in room 4, which had a king size bed, separate living room and kitchenette. Which was perfect for us and our two small dogs. The only two complaints my husband has were the small shower and that our stay was too short. We also utilized their sauna and massage service given by Tara. We ABSOLUTELY recommend getting a massage and using their sauna. It truly was amazing and relaxing. We will definitely be back, this time during monsoon season! Thank you Gardens for making us feel at home.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica N
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We appreciate you both so much!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Stayed for, alas, only one night in my favorite #4. As always, the atmosphere is so laid back and relaxing. I had two treatments last morning there and learned so much from Maggie who is both owner and therapist. Such a pleasure to see her! I would highly recommend any of the services offered there... have had them all over the years I have returned here. I bought my guy here for a birthday celebration with our dog and a lovely dinner at La Roka.

For those seeking an upscale location... this is not it and you will fail to be satisfied. It is a quaint little place with a laid back, comfortable atmosphere

Room Tip: I just love #4 and have not even seen the other rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you Helga for the wonderful review! You are such a treasure!