Sonoran Explorin Tours
Review Highlights
Desert tour

The tour and tour guide were both enlightening and entertaining. Our guide was very knowledgeable... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 2 days ago
billpatmccann
Blaine, Minnesota
Sonoran Explorin tour - a must do!

We stayed at The Boulders Resort the first week of April and did the tour with 2 other families we... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Bnettles
Decatur, Georgia
via mobile

All reviews flora and fauna sonoran desert brandy knowledge fun cactus
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Since taking this tour I have recommended it to several friends. Brandy is SO knowledgeable and can easily captivate the attention of both children and adults. She enthusiastically taught us about the desert landscape, animals, and their habitats. The kids loved feeding the fish and turtle and we all enjoyed trying some cacti! What a unique and fun experience. Do not miss the opportunity to take this tour - we didn't want it to end!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hah427
sonoranexplorintour, Owner at Sonoran Explorin Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Thank you for sharing your family with me and taking the time to write me a great review! I loved every second of our adventure and look forward to the next one.

Reviewed 25 February 2021

Would definitely recommend it!
We had a great time and learn some desert plants alongside unique animals and birds!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for exploring with me and taking the time to write a review, much appreciation!!

Reviewed 24 February 2021

Wow! This tour is truly fantastic. Brandy is an incredible tour guide! Her knowledge of the desert plant and animal life is remarkable!! I've lived in the desert for 13+ years and learned so many new things on this tour. I've never eaten cactus (aside from prickly pear) and was surprised how good it was. Her tour was interactive and fun for my kids (2.5 and 4.5) my husband and even grandpa! This experience was one I won't forget! Thank you Brandy for sharing your expertise!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sonoranexplorintour, Owner at Sonoran Explorin Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

It sure makes me so happy to read this and even more so that everyone enjoyed themselves! Thanks for taking the time to write me such a great review and for exploring with me!!

Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

We went out with two 4YOs, a 2YO, and my 70YO FIL — and what a fun time every age group had.

We found nests, we burned jumping cholla for food, used prickly-pear insect-dye, ate cactus fruits, searched for Chuckwallas, spotted hawks, fed a turtle, explored an ancient kitchen... I mean, what more could a kid at heart ask for?

Brandi is so awesome. I really don’t know how she knows everything she knows, AND remembers all the names of everything. Say Jojoba.... yeah, me neither.

What a great little outing. Would happily recommend or experience again.

Date of experience: February 2021

Thanks Rob!!! No one has ever included photos in a review before, I’m impressed with your skills too! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience and mostly for sharing your incredible family with me for the day! I loved every minute!! Can’t wait for our next adventure!

Reviewed 10 February 2021

This is quite simply a terrific tour! Brandy's enthusiasm for the plant and animal life in the area is contagious! Her knowledge is extensive and she is a natural-born teacher. Not only did we learn a lot about the area but we had a fun, enjoyable time along the way.

Date of experience: February 2021
sonoranexplorintour, Owner at Sonoran Explorin Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Thank you Steve for joining me in the desert! Really enjoyed exploring with the three of you and can hardly believe how quickly the time flew by! Appreciate the terrific review and hope we can do it again soon! So much more to see!