Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa(Glendale)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale(Glendale)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$102
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$119
US$89
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$75
US$130
US$99
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$108
US$90
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

All reviewsparking lotwafflesarrowhead mallhuge mallfront desktop floorplaces to eat and shopolive gardenspring trainingred lobsterroom was cleanpeoria areathe looponly stayed one nightassistant managernice accommodationsdesk area
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Management does a great job keeping this hotel clean and comfortable. Great staff and solid bang for your buck. Great location with easy access to shopping, restaurants and activities. The continental breakfast is well stocked.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2018

This hotel feels to me like what you would expect in a freeway off-ramp motel where the price is $39.99 a night and "they leave the light on for you." The light in this case, however was burned out, in every respect!!! The bathroom light was burned out, and a call to the front desk yielded no options as they did not have a spare bulb, and could only "write a work order for the following day." That was after I was checking out (early to get out of this hotel), and served no purpose for me. Don't get me wrong. The lady who answered my call was not especially bad, but clearly the management is in my opinion, as check-in was rude and unaccommodating. The batteries were apparently shot in the TV remote as well, so that didn't work either. I wish I had read the reviews prior to booking. I agree with other recent reviewers, that this hotel is absolutely not representative of what you expect of Marriot brands. It feels dirty and very outdated to me. I didn't even get a receipt under my door on day of check out, which indicates to me sheer laziness on the part of this hotel's management team. There are hundreds of choices in the greater Phoenix area for a pleasant hotel experience This one should be avoided in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay here. I did look into everything you mentioned and wanted to respond to you. At check in time you mentioned the lady was rude and unaccommodating, which we had everything all set for you for a fast check in at 9:54am when check in time is 3pm, except when you did not have the property identification for the discounted rate that you booked under. You also had requested in advance online for a late check out and no housekeeping so my front desk clerk was only verifying what time it was you needed for the late check out and wanted to be sure that you still wanted to skip housekeeping so she can note your reservation. I was in the back during this process of check in and I know that she was not rude to you, so I am sorry if you felt that she was rude when verifying information.
You also mentioned the remote was not working we have not found any issues with the remote.
As for the bathroom lighting when you called the front desk she was asking you which light it was so that she can change the bulb, all the front desk staff are trained on changing the restroom lights. Maintenance tickets would be only put in for vanity lights since those are harder to change. The front desk clerk was asking you which light was out and you did not tell her, you were upset set and hung up on her. We were never out of light bulbs as you mentioned.
Our goal is to take care of all our guests if we can and are given the opportunity, I'm sorry if we fell short during your time here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I am sorry to say this is my first negative review and it’s of my favorite hotel brand, Marriott. I am traveling to Phoenix for work 1 night and family fun 2 additional nights. I researched hotels and rates and selected the Springhill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria. I booked the 1 night via my company’s travel agency for $199 and proceeded to book the other 2 nights. The rate listed for the other 2 nights said $199/night online. I clicked on it and it dropped to $143. The system seemed to be sluggish. I went to confirm and received an error message. I tried several times and received the same message. I called the hotel directly this morning and spoke with Joey. He explained he could not honor the $143 rate and the best he could do would be to give me the $199 for the first night but the second night would be $284. I asked if I could find something elsewhere closer to my budget would he allow me to cancel the company reservation without incurring a fee and if I couldn’t find something could I take him up on his offer. I told him I could call back within a few hours. He agreed. I called back within a few hours because this hotel location was the most convenient and Joey was unavailable. I spoke with the hotel manager, Mina, who also identified herself as the general manager when I later asked to speak to a general manger. She said Joey did not tell her of his offer to give me the first night at $199. I asked her if she could call Joey to verify what I was saying and she refused and repeatedly told me what I was saying was “not true”. That’s right. She basically said that I was lying...a few times. She also repeatedly refused to attempt to verify what I was telling her. A simple phone call to Joey would have cleared this up yet she refused to provide that level of customer service. She made no other attempts to provide good customer care and was unapologetic for failing to help me resolve the issue. It’s shocking to have experienced this at a Marriott property but far more surprising is that this came from someone in a leadership position. Marriott’s brand is tarnished by its weakest links. Beware of this property.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

I am sorry you feel that I did not help you in regards to the rates. I did try to explain to you that the rates you mentioned is not what we had loaded in system so therefore we can not honor a rate that was not published for Our hotel. Joey only was allowing you a 2 hour window to cancel your room even thou we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. We do not call employees after they leave from their scheduled shift. Your reservation had notes from Joey with everything you spoke to him about. Marriott has look no further best rate available policy that we honor and do not ever quote rates lower than what is published. Our notes were that Saturday you did not want to pay a higher rate which Saturday our rate was set higher. I am sorry that you feel I did not give customer service.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Room smelled like mildew and smoke. Couch had so many stains we couldn't sit on it. We ended up leaving a night early because the longer we stayed the more gross things we found. There appeared to be boogers smeared all over the curtains. When we brought it up to the front desk they offered to change our room but it wasn't worth staying there another night. Only concession was 1000 Marriott points.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Torie G
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. I do not have any notes of this situation I am hoping to find out more information so I can follow up on this. Cleanliness is very important and we want to make sure we get to the bottom of this situation. I usually have notes on these types of situations especially if we offered to buy bonus points. If you do not mind please email me at shsglendale@aol.com.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Platinum Premier Elite. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties.

This is an old format Springhill in desperate need of a refresh. The hotel is clean but pretty old and tired. I will say the staff is attentive and pretty much at Marriott standards. Given the choice drive to another Marriott property. Just saying.....

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Mina B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back. We are an older property that was renovated in October of 2013 and will be updating next year. So after next year if you come to Glendale maybe you will give us another chance.

Thank you.