8A Grahamstown(Grahamstown)
US$68
US$69
US$812
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$918/night.

US$657
US$618
Agoda.com
Jenny's Guest House(Grahamstown)
Ufumene Game Lodge(Grahamstown)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Having stayed at Henri House on a number of occasions through the years with our children at school in Grahamstown, we would certainly recommend this lovely B&B. The guest rooms are more like mini-apartments with plenty of space to cater for family! It is very centrally located with the schools and shops within a 5 minute drive. Andrew is a wonderful host, who provides a personal touch - and if you strike up a conversation, you might be offered a tot of single malt whiskey!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2014

The organisation I work for is a NPO and we received a reduced rate. This establishment is homely and offers self catering and b&b. I loved the space in the apartment I was in and it almost felt like I was home. I will definitely stay at Henri House whenever I am in Grahamstown again.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NaveshSenSingh
Reviewed 10 November 2014

I stayed there for a couple of days. I had the upstair appartment, one main bedroom and additional bed in what I can call the living room (because the TV but there are no actual sitting room). The place is great considereing the price and Andrew the owner has been very helpul. The room gets cleaned daily, however towels are not changed everyday. Beside thebath tub that would need to be seriously cleaned (I wouldn't advise anybody to take a bath in it as it ) the place is neat and tidy.

My main dissapointment was that the cleaning lady behavior. She poped in my room in the morning one day (she had to go all the way from the kitchen and open two doors) without knocking anywhere to check if I was still in. Another day in the afternoon I found her sitting watching TV. I felt very uncomfortable. On her credit, I have to admit that the previous days I was leaving early morning to only come back late evening.

I would recommend it if you are travelling with friends, kids or familly. If solo, I would advise you to search around. For similar prices, I think you can get better accomodation in Grahamstown.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Uje2014
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights.

The house and garden are nice. The neighborhood is quite. With the car, it's not even 5 minutes to the center of town, however, it might be a tad far if you plan to stay there without a car for a longer period.

The host was very welcoming and helpful.

We had one room on the bottom with an additional sleeping room/kitchen combination. The interiour of the main room was very nice. The kitchen/sleeping room not that impressive. We were just two, so we enjoyed the spacious main room. If you are with your children it will be okay for a night or two. If you are a with a befriended couple - you might consider to book an additional room (as you also have to go through the kitchen/sleeping room for the restrooms).

Why do I only give three points? It's mainly because of the cleanliness. IMO, the place was not looked after as it could. I'm not too sensitive but you also the comparably upper-middle price raises expectations - which is basically no clearly visible dirt lying around. The host or the domestic workers could step up cleaning in the inside. But also garden furniture could be looked after.

Altogether, we would stay here again, but probably first have a look for another place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed at Henri House each time we come to the Arts Festival and will continue to do so in the future. it's quiet, secure with a fast geyser that gives hot water, this was important because it was cold outside. The heating inside kept us warm Paul and Terry

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple