Courtlands
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Seven Fountains Farm(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$49
The Milner(Grahamstown)
Hotels.com
8A Grahamstown(Grahamstown)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2016

My husband and I passed through Grahamstown during a two-month tour of South Africa. We chose to stay at Courtlands due to: it easy-walk proximity to town centre; reasonable rates; free Wi-Fi; and secure parking.

Yes, we did receive all of the above. And so much more!

Jo and Mike were fantastic hosts, even if we only saw them briefly during our short stay. They were warm and friendly and eager to make our stay pleasant.

Our garden cottage was clean and VERY spacious, with separate bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and TV/living room. It included a section with brochures and maps to help you plan your stay in Grahamstown. Milk, cereals, rusks etc are provided in your kitchen for a self-help breakfast (also all cutlery or crocery), or simply make use of fridge and microwave. For dinner you simply need to walk next door to a pub or across the road for an excellent tapas bar.

Wi-Fi was accessible throughout our cottage and of good quality.

You receive a remote allowing you access to private and gated parking off the street, where your car is parked only a few meters away from your cottage entrance (no messing around with stairs!).

The garden courtyard is well maintained an a lovely tranquil backdrop.

Probably the best value for money you will get so close to town centre.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmazonLodge
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Jo and Mike are two of the most kind-hearted and warmest people I've ever come across, and staying at their guesthouse was an absolute pleasure. The unit I stayed in was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had everything I could possibly need and want, with quality bedding to ensure I had a great night's sleep every-night. It is also very centrally located and walking distance from just about everything. I highly recommend staying here if you ever find yourself in town.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank TheBearMeyers
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We arrived for the festival this year (2015) to find this lovely little haven in the middle of Grahamstown. Situated in New Street, Courtlands B&B offered up a private little garden to relax in, with the rooms themselves being bright, clean and well-maintained. The area of the rooms was also much larger than expected, giving my partner and I ample room for our things, without it feeling crowded.

The hostess (known to us as Jo) was an amazingly sweet woman who made sure that we felt right at home (the added laundry service helped too!).

Overall we will DEFINITELY be visiting here again in the future, if only to just enjoy this little oasis once more.

Room Tip: Book the Garden Cottage to get full use of the beautiful courtyard. The Courtyard Cottage is best for families!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I have stayed in half a dozen B&B's in GHT. This is my favourite.

I stayed here for three to four weeks during a visit at Rhodes in April 2014. I had the cottage that faces the backside of the garden.

It's situated in the center-center of town, 3minutes away from the entrance of Rhodes U. Very convenient if you're working if you don't have a car (not only if you plan to work late :)). 1,5minutes away from the central 'mall' in Grahamstown. It's also next door to the three main restaurants/bars. I've to say, I was very expecting the worst about night's rest, but the owners put special glass into the windows. As a matter of fact, I slept without earplugs or anything - and I'm VERY sensitive about noise!!

The garden is nice and has a lot of shade. Actually, in the garden you forget that you are in the middle of town. It's a calm place and I enjoyed eating breakfast outside or read a page or two. (Not to raise wrong expectations, it does not come with a pool or the like.)

The cottage was spacious for one person and will be perfect for two. The interior shows taste. Furniture is in a very good condition. More important it's really clean, and I mean spotlessly clean. The lady who does the domestic work is a gift! And very friendly on top. (She also did the washing.)

Jo and Mike, the hosts, are lovely and warm people too - and if I would not have been busy with work most of the time, I would have met for a regular afternoon tea with 'em.

I would always come back! Especially for the cleanliness and the tastefulness of the rooms, and the central location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business