“Very pleasant”

Ranked #69 of 360 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal at the simply Asia in summerstrand !
I had a good spicy meal and it was very tasty !fast and efficient service

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Excellent Food, which tastes like authentic Thai cuisine, as well as excellent service.
Not super romantic, but a good place for friends and family.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Tonight we had a good (slightly cold) dinner and ordered dessert and 1 Irish coffee. What the waiter did no say was that they did not hv cream & brown sugar & went ahead anyway to serve "coffee and whiskey" saying this is how they serve Irish Coffee. Finally after the bill was paid a disinterested manager turned up acknowledging, after being prompted, that she was at fault for allowing the drink to be served. The secret dear young manager is not to allow deviations of tested recipes to be served and think clients won't know the difference!! You may just loose loyal supporters.

AliceBonadei, Owner at Simply Asia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Gustav M,

I am sorry that you found my approach as disinterested. I am in fact the owner, and not the young manager. I agree with you that the coffee should never have been served like that, and I did apologise and offer to remove the item from your bill.

When I questioned my waitron, he said that he was aware of us being out of cream and confirmed with you that "there is no cream". I fear there may have been a misunderstanding due to the phraseology that he used, as he did not mean that the recipe excluded cream, but that there was none available. We certainly do not try to somehow deceive our customers or deviate from recipes at all.

Unfortunately this is not an item that is listed on our beverage menu, and we make it for those customers that have specifically requested it.

Hopefully this will not put you off coming back, and we hope to see you soon.

Warm regards,
Alice

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The food is good and you wont get better in Thailand
Staff are friendly and are always on point
The prices are fair but could be better
If I were to complain it would be that they often run out of wine on selection
All round a good place to eat

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Food was excellent and well worfth price and consisted of fried rice shanhaai steak egg fu yong and pork it was very tastefull and fressh as well