Dersley Manor(Bloemfontein)
Liedjiesbos B&B(Bloemfontein)
Acacia Lodge(Bloemfontein)
A Little Guesthouse(Bloemfontein)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean hotela breath of fresh aircheck in was quickrestaurants and shoppingcouple of nightscrisp linenfree statevery comfortable stayrooms are spaciousattention to detailuniversitybridgettejdprotocolluggagetaxisbloem
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Hotel was booked for us and specifically the paraplegic room 113 as my wife is a RA patient
Lot of frustration Arrived at about 1300 and where told our room is not ready come back at 1400 We went for lunch and returned about 1500 To our amazement the room still wasnt ready We had clothes to hang out for a funeral the next day Most frustrating Had to demand from the person in charge to hang our clothing out and left the hotel to the bereaved family. The bathroom did not have towel hangers and the wheelchair ramp was a piece of black painted metal open on the entrance side. I cut my foot in assisting my wife shower. No tissues - phoned reception - no delivery. Requested an iron Receive it and it was set on super hot and the dial did not respond to a cooler setting Burnt my shirt I wasn't happy at all Invited family;y for breakfast What a catastrophe - fresh fruit bowls empty Had to ask for replenishment took very long to get response Breakfast side heaters were most likely on the lowest heat setting as food was between cold and lukewarm at best Only warm breakfast ingredient was the two eggs freshly prepared. Perhaps I have send you a review already but still fume at the lack of excellence

Stayed: July 2017
Siphiwe M, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear T9259RNcb,

It’s never good to receive a negative review on TripAdvisor, however thank you for your comments. It is important to know when we are doing right, but more important to know when we are doing wrong.

We are extremely saddened by your feedback about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced on your arrival. I confirm therefore that your comments have been followed up with the Food and Beverage manager and his TEAM, the housekeeping executive and her TEAM and the Front office manager, remedial action has been taken to ensure that our GUESTS are not inconvenienced in this way again.

Once again thank you for your review, it gives us as a TEAM more focus and clarity on areas we need to improve on.

May you have a lovely day further.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We used the hotel for a overnight stay from JNB to Oudsthoorn. We were well received and found the facilities and the room very comfortable. Having just come from a very long international flight, it was great to be able to order room service.
Breakfast was absolutely great the following morning.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Siphiwe M, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Carolvdw,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your overall stay at our hotel. Your commendations are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated the TEAM for doing such an outstanding job!

Protea Hotel by Marriott ® Bloemfontein

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This hotel is truly stunning, they were able to accommodate my husband and I, a very "last minute booking" which was made on our behalf by the Kimberley Protea Hotel. I will highly recommend this hotel. You have access to the zoo from the hotel as well and go for walks at your own leisure.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is exeptionally beautiful & clean. The staff was great upon arrival & everything went well. The only disadvantage is not having a lift or a porter to help with carrying luggage to the upper floors but other than that everything is great.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Nompumelelo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Protea Hotel by Marriott® Bloemfontein with us.

On behalf of the STAFF and MANAGEMENT at Protea Hotel by Marriott Bloemfontein I would like to apologize that there was no porter to assist you. Your feedback has been shared with TEAM.

I am pleased to hear that our STAFF were warm and attentive and that you enjoyed our beautiful and clean hotel. Thank you once again for letting us know what we did well and more importantly, where we can improve and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Bloemfontein.

Protea Hotel by Marriott® Bloemfontein

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in prep for my graduation ceremony at the university of free state.
Bloem is a small town so we didn't expect much from it. This hotel definitely not worth 4 stars.

Hotel pros:
1. Close to university of free state.
2. Isaac from Front Desk was very sweet and friendly and helped us with our bags
3. Rooms clean and tidy

Cons:
1. Customer Service generally not friendly and staff seem to have the attitude of hating their job
2. Iron had to be requested from the front desk
3. Rooms small and bedding not of the highest quality. Towels are actually flimsy.
4. Bathrooms are old and our shower head was non existent
5. No hot chocolate in the room
6. We had a bad experience from the bar where my husband had a glass of sherry and asked to put in on the room tab. Yet they called our room at 11pm at night. Approximately 2 hours after my husband drank the sherry to request him to pay for the sherry. This broke our sleep (after a long day). Very unnecessary and staff didn't / couldn't use their discretion. But rather followed protocol over customer service. And thinking about the guests needs / inconvenience. This was laughable cos bill for the sherry was a mere ZAR 28.

Overall. I feel this hotel is cuttings costs and compromising on quality. I will not return here. And definitely do not recommend this hotel. Def not value for money.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kashma R
Siphiwe M, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Ms. Kashma,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with the service from our STAFF. The overall hotel service has been addressed with the hotel TEAM. We are extremely saddened by your feedback about your experience in the restaurant. I confirm therefore that your comments have been followed up with the Food & Beverage manager and his TEAM. Remedial action has been taken to ensure that our GUESTS are not inconvenienced in this way again.

We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Bloemfontein.

Protea Hotel by Marriott ® Bloemfontein