“Is this really CTFM ?”

Cape Town Fish Market- Bloemfontein
Ranked #41 of 135 Restaurants in Bloemfontein
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunate experience at Cape Town Fish Market Bloemfontein 25/03/2018.

After a long trip, this was our resting spot before heading South. Ravenous we opted for meals that we thought CTFM chefs couldn't get wrong. We requested bread while we waited for our simple fish and chips.

Bread roll came late (same time as the meal). Warming the roll didn't conceal the fact that it wasn't fresh because it was rock hard and tasted stale.
Fish was fried to a crisp on the outside and the inside was watery like melted ice. Chips were over fried, dark brown but not burnt . None of these were edible.

We returned the meals, paid and left grateful that the bottled water was palatable.

What a pity!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Impressed...No no no!!!!! super impressed. Wow. Clean hygienic and to top off what fresh seafood. Well done to this management and staff. Your food is so so tasty and fresh. Your sushi the salmon the tuna to die for.................this was experience. Thank you. Will definitely be back

CTFMSA, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Fish Market- Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks for the lovely review Mr Teboho, we'll pass it on to the team

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The best in Bloemfontein, the best service, food, atmosphere. The standard is kept very high. The food is to die for. Always good ambience.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This was really the worst experience I ever had. I ordered an expensive seafood combo starter on a wood plank. I think the wood plank would have tasted better than the food, I had no taste and was like eating cardboard (not that I ever had). The service was fast, but when I told them (I left more than half of the food, because it was in-edible) they just look at me and asked if I want the bill. Never again.

CTFMSA, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Fish Market- Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, we're so sorry to hear that. Please would you send a copy of this review and your contact details to complaints@ctfm.co.za so that we can be in touch.

Kind regards
The CTFM Team

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Hake. Grilled . 200 and 280 g. My hake was good . My husband said his was fried . When I tasted it.. it was soft and fatty. Not sure why mine was good and his fatty .

CTFMSA, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Fish Market- Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hi Natasja, we're so sorry to hear that, please would you send a copy of this review and your contact details to complaints@ctfm.co.za so that we can be in touch. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Kind regards